• Software
  • IKMultimedia authorization lost/gone after update
2018/08/02 18:32:02
cecelius2
I just noticed that all my IKM products no longer are authorized on my office computer.  They all have the popup that says something like  the demo period is over & want me to use the authorization manager to enter serial number.  They were all authorized but now they no longer have this.  

What may have changed? 
1--   I have updated windows 10 (home 64) to have it up-to-date.  Could windows updates have reset my IKM authorizations?  
2-- I also installed a new SSD drive for my C:OS drive.  Could the new harddrive caused the lose of authorizations?

BTW-I have authorizations available in my userarea on each product, but do we have to burn authorizations when windows updates or when you upgrade a harddrive?

Anyone here have a similar experience?  Any suggestions?

Thanks
C2

2018/08/02 19:45:21
abacab
I would just run the IK authorization manager again and re-enter the serials.  Changing your hard drive possibly affected the computer ID that the authorizations were keyed to.

I don't recall the last Windows update causing me any issues with IK.

You can probably just contact IK support if you need your authorization count reset.
2018/08/02 19:54:04
Grem
abacab

You can probably just contact IK support if you need your authorization count reset.

IK gives enough autorizations for their products. I have never have run out on any product I own from years ago. 

And abacab is correct. If their is a problem and for some reason you run out of authorizations, get in touch with IK support. Go to the IK forum. Great people there willing to help also. 
2018/08/03 00:11:49
cecelius2
Thanks for the help.  I reauthorized and got the products up and running again.  I do have several authorizations left, but it is good to know that I can get them to reset them if they run out.

Thanks again
C2

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account