• Features & Ideas
  • Better automation envelope support and beefed up "per-clip" automation
2016/05/18 17:32:57
thx1200
Automation lanes are a very important workflow to me and I'm insanely jealous of how another DAW does it. :-)

Specifically:

- Allow per-clip MIDI automation envelopes (you can do this for note velocity in Sonar, but nothing else).  Note this is distinctly different than the per-clip direct CC message editing inside PRV which is for fine-grained control over exactly where CC events occur.

- Allow a clip of ONLY automation envelopes (no note events required) that can be dragged around, copied, etc., like any other clip, non-destructively, including cross-faded and overlapped with other clips.

- Allow more transition shapes than just fast/slow/linear.  A competing DAW has a slew of shapes and a "tension handle" for fine tuning the amount.  http://www.image-line.com...ist_automationclip.htm

- LFO (sine wave and other shapes) as dynamic objects that can be stretched, compressed, faded in and out, etc.  The current shape painter creates a series of points, but you cannot easily edit it (say, increase the period of an existing sine wave) after it is drawn without redrawing a new shape over it.
2016/05/24 04:41:52
SergeQ
+1 here
2016/05/29 07:23:46
Aisha2016
I completely agree with the author. Automation lanes are very important and now working with them in the sonar is not so easy as in another DAW
2016/05/30 08:47:30
icontakt
+1 to the second and third ideas.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account