2016/07/02 08:48:47
jackroller
Three weeks and counting on this thread.  No word from support.
2016/07/02 08:56:18
scook
Aside from the inconvenience what is the issue with adjusting the buffers while recording and editing RPro and freezing the synth when lower settings are desired?
2016/07/02 09:08:57
scook
I am not sure it will help but have you played around with the ExtraPluginBufs setting in AUD.ini?
2016/07/02 09:35:15
jackroller
scook
I am not sure it will help but have you played around with the ExtraPluginBufs setting in AUD.ini?

I've not done that.  I'll investigate and report back if I notice a change. 

Changing the buffer settings and freezing the synth is what I'm doing now, it's just not a very graceful solution.  The big thing is that I want to understand why it's happening more than anything else.  Why is just the Rapture Pro sound library giving me problems?  If it really is a buffer problem, shouldn't all of the libraries be affected?
2016/07/02 15:37:20
robert_e_bone
I did not yet go back and read ALL the posts in this thread, but am wondering what happens to your audio pops and such if you temporarily Bypass All Effects by hitting the 'E' key on your computer keyboard, and then try recording something with Rapture Pro on whatever sound is giving all these issues.

(after testing the above, hitting 'E' again will turn all the loaded effects back on).

Bob Bone

2016/07/02 15:39:08
robert_e_bone
And, I believe I recall a set of steps you posted prior, which I recall mentioned using a simple instrument track for this instance of Rapture Pro.

Is there any difference at all if you load the Rapture Pro into the synth rack, and use a separately inserted audio and midi track for it, rather than the simple instrument track?

Bob Bone

2016/07/06 13:23:42
craigr68
I had similar problems with audio pops/cracking on especially complex Rapture Pro sounds.  I found this excellent free downloadable pdf with lots of computer settings to set/change to improve digital audio.  I think it was one of the Power Mgt settings or turning off disk indexing that made the difference for me.  Now I am able to get my latency much lower with no problems so far.  I'm still investigating further suggestions in the doc.

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/
2016/07/13 15:02:23
jackroller
Extrapluginbufs didn't work.  Still no word from support either.
2016/07/14 08:18:23
gswitz
Jack, call support. I've never had luck with email.
2016/07/30 07:26:04
ChristopherM
I know I'm late to the party, but are you using any of the Win 10 Power management options that has a Minimum Processor State of less than 100%? I find that Cakewalk products are very sensitive to this setting.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account