• SONAR
  • Stretching audio without distortion or break up
2018/11/20 07:01:27
Vokalzz
Help!

So Ive been experiencing with stretching audio waves. What I notice is that when I stretch a wave it seems to distort or break up the more/longer I stretch it.

For example:
I have this audio of a girls voice. She sings a extended note and holds it. Im using that audio clip as apart of a song I'm creating but, the note she is holding doesn't really hold out as long as I need it to in order for it to fit with the part in the song.
So, I take the clip and stretch it. However, I notice when I do that it breaks up and creates artifacts and distortion. Its not as clean and creates a effect I don't want.

So, I ask. Is there a way to stretch the clip without the artifacts and distortion? Is there a way to stretch the clip and have it be clean and smooth?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. I wonder if it can even be done.

Thanks again for all the help.
2018/11/20 09:35:19
martins guit
are you on cake bandlab?
try bounce-to-clip to see if that help..
2018/11/20 13:11:19
BenMMusTech
If you're not recording and processing at 64bit float...you will find this is your problem. It fixes about 90% to 95% of these types of granular processing distortions...depending on how far you stretch said audio, and indeed depending on the codec.
2018/11/20 17:45:01
Base 57
Don't stretch it. Copy the clip to a new lane. move it over so it ends where you want it to. Then experiment with a crossfade between the original clip and the copy until it is seamless.
2018/11/20 18:06:14
Anderton
Base 57
Don't stretch it. Copy the clip to a new lane. move it over so it ends where you want it to. Then experiment with a crossfade between the original clip and the copy until it is seamless.

+1, except I'd add to stretch it as far as you can while retaining acceptable sound quality. Then you can do fewer crossfades, and the crossfades will be over a longer time period, so they may be less noticeable.
2018/11/21 08:32:59
Vokalzz
As the mentioned comments above are amazing techniques that I will most defiantly implement, I found that by bouncing to clips retained almost all the quality of the original version. Thank you MARTINS GUIT  for the excellent advice!!!
2018/11/21 08:34:45
Vokalzz
Thanks again guys

2018/11/21 13:36:00
martins guit
Vokalzz
Thanks again guys

welcome Vokalzz
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account