2017/03/18 17:15:55
bayoubill
I have 3 computers that I brought from south Louisiana. One Dell 10 years old. One Dell 6 years old and my new DAW. I brought the Dells in a UHaul truck. I hand carried the DAW in the passenger seat of my car. The two Dell ran and powered up with no problems. The new DAW won't even boot up. I have to wait now till I can get help to turn it on. It's been over a week
2017/03/18 17:31:22
highlandermak
Sometimes when we take too much care we inadvertently do the opposite. I had a statue I hand carried to prevent from damage but ended up cracking a piece off because i was handling it too much. Hopefully you don't have any sessions booked.
2017/03/18 17:52:58
Dave76
When moving computers around, it is common for internal components to get jostled and come a bit loose.  If you are comfortable taking apart your machine yourself, you just need to open it up and reseat cards, memory sticks, cable plugs, etc..  Basically, just make sure everything inside that plugs into something is firmly plugged in.  
2017/03/18 19:12:13
bvideo
Sometimes CPU coolers in custom builds are too heavy; almost any motion could cause de-seating or damage. Dells were probably made to be shipped.
2017/03/18 19:13:11
fireberd
Murphy's Law strikes.

However, to make sure you haven't overlooked an obvious.  Most Power Supplies have a power on/off switch, usually near where the AC power cord plugs into the power supply.  Make sure it is set to "on" (I).    
2017/03/18 22:54:39
JonD
Dave76
When moving computers around, it is common for internal components to get jostled and come a bit loose. 

Yep, happened to me last week.  It's especially likely if the SATA cables are of the non-locking variety.
2017/03/19 15:37:00
Jim Roseberry
bayoubill
I have 3 computers that I brought from south Louisiana. One Dell 10 years old. One Dell 6 years old and my new DAW. I brought the Dells in a UHaul truck. I hand carried the DAW in the passenger seat of my car. The two Dell ran and powered up with no problems. The new DAW won't even boot up. I have to wait now till I can get help to turn it on. It's been over a week

Was waiting for that call back on Thursday.  
Was out of town on Fri.
Give me a call tomorrow (Monday) and we'll get it sorted.

If the case flexes a bit during moving, it can cause some components to need re-seated.
2017/03/19 17:16:46
bitflipper
And then there was the lady who hand-carried her mother's ashes onto a plane so as to not take a chance with baggage handlers, only to have a TSA agent accidentally smash the urn on the floor, scattering her mother's remains. The other TSA agents reportedly had a good laugh. 
2017/03/21 11:56:13
mudgel
My mum was known to be a bit tight with money and when we scattered her ashes my 2 sisters and I went through this comedic performance scattering them in the rose garden of this very posh garden.

The irony is if we want to see where her ashes are we have to pay an entry fee. A quite expensive fee it is too.

Sorry for carry on off thread.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account