• SONAR
  • Cakewalk By BandLab vs SONAR Versions Comparison Chart [4/28/2018] (p.4)
2018/04/19 18:36:03
Brian Walton
How amazing is it that the owner is listening to the user base?  

Outstanding.
2018/04/19 21:21:06
Blackiejames7
I'm a bit confused here and I hope I can understand this new format.
If I download the Bandlab Cakewalk will my Sonar Platinum that I have been using remain fully operational ?
Am I to understand that this new Bandlab DAW runs independently of my existing Sonar Platinum and is an additional software ?
The current Bandlab download is missing many of the items I use on every project such as :
Adaptive Limiter
Channel Tools
Breverb
PX 64 Percussion Strip
Dimension Pro
Lounge Lizzard
True Pianos
Addictive Drums 2
Expansion Packs 1&2

Will future versions include these items or are they gone ?
Will Melodyne work on this Bandlab download ?
Thanks

2018/04/20 02:07:54
listen
Love it...
2018/04/20 02:38:26
Daibhidh
Blackiejames7
I'm a bit confused here and I hope I can understand this new format.
If I download the Bandlab Cakewalk will my Sonar Platinum that I have been using remain fully operational ?
Am I to understand that this new Bandlab DAW runs independently of my existing Sonar Platinum and is an additional software ?

Yes, as long as you don't uninstall Bandlab Cakewalk or the original Sonar platinum install. They will both work. I have both and I can easily switch between them, but I prefer using Bandlab Cakewalk. It doesn't crash as much.
2018/04/20 02:42:26
Daibhidh
Blackiejames7
The current Bandlab download is missing many of the items I use on every project such as :
Adaptive Limiter
Channel Tools
Breverb
PX 64 Percussion Strip
Dimension Pro
Lounge Lizzard
True Pianos
Addictive Drums 2
Expansion Packs 1&2

Bandlab Canewalk will piggieback off Sonar Platinum's features so everything will work. They do that because of licensing issues and because this release is free without 3rd party software like Addictive Drums and premium Cakewalk content like Dimension Pro and Adaptive Limiter, but again you can use them all, but you may need to add VST paths when you first load Bandlab Cakewalk.
2018/04/20 02:48:10
Daibhidh
Blackiejames7
Will future versions include these items or are they gone ?
Will Melodyne work on this Bandlab download ?
Thanks

My understanding is there will be a for-purchase edition of Bandlab Cakewalk separate from the free version.
It will have things like Dimension Pro, Rapture, etc. in it. It's hush hush for now exactly what the line up will be, but I suspect Bandlab will truly deliver the goods.
And even if something remains missing you'll still be able to use it anyway through piggiebacking off of Sonar.

I haven't tried Melodyne yet on Bandlab, so I can't say for sure.
2018/04/20 02:48:37
Rbh
DeBro
In the comparison chart I see TL-64 Tube Leveler, PX-64 Percussion Strip and VX-64 Vocal Strip are not included in CbB. They weren't included with Sonar Professional, so upgrading to CbB they showed up. I enabled them and they work.

Can you tell me how you enabled them? I'm in the same boat coming from Sonar Pro.
2018/04/20 02:53:02
Daibhidh
By the way Meng, if you're reading this.
Thanks for keeping the dream alive.
I was using Cakewalk as a teenager in the late 90s, I really look forward to what your team will do with Cakewalk in the future!
One of the things I really look forward to is seeing all the negative people eat their words as Cakewalk becomes better and better. All the best to you and your's!
2018/04/20 06:37:14
joegab
davehorch
G
joegab
I did a copy/paste into excel easily....

Hey Giorgio - how'd you do that?  I couldn't get "copy" (or Ctrl-C) to copy anything.  Also "options to download, print and copy have been disabled for this file".  So what's your trick?

Thanks, -Dave

Mmmm, there is something very strange: yesterday it worked immediately..... and now it does not work anymore.... 

I really don't know....

I don't understand why....

I saved on my pc an excel version.... but I am unable to do it again....

Urghph.....

Giorgio
2018/04/20 11:35:31
DeBro
Rbh
DeBro
In the comparison chart I see TL-64 Tube Leveler, PX-64 Percussion Strip and VX-64 Vocal Strip are not included in CbB. They weren't included with Sonar Professional, so upgrading to CbB they showed up. I enabled them and they work.

Can you tell me how you enabled them? I'm in the same boat coming from Sonar Pro.

Go to Utilities > Cakewalk Plugin-in Manager. When the dialog box opens, highlight VST Audio Effects in the list of Plug-in Categories, then select Show Excluded. You should see those three plug-ins in the Registered Plug-ins list. Close the Cakewalk Plugin-in Manager without taking any action. Go to Preferences > VST Settings and click on the Add button. Browse to This PC > Local Disk(C) > Program Files > Cakewalk > Shared Utilities > Internal. Add each of the following folders to the scan directory - StPX64, StTL64, StVX64. Click the Apply button and close the Preferences dialog box. Return to the Cakewalk Plugin-in Manager and proceed as before but this time select each of the three plugins in the Excluded Registered Plug-ins list and then click on the Enable Plugin button to enable them individually, and you'll be all set to use them.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account