• SONAR
  • Cakewalk By BandLab vs SONAR Versions Comparison Chart [4/28/2018] (p.6)
2018/04/21 11:45:19
johnnythefox
Great Very Helpful,
Thanks for your time and effort

Regards
Johnny
2018/04/21 13:02:00
mudgel
Daibhidh
Blackiejames7
Will future versions include these items or are they gone ?
Will Melodyne work on this Bandlab download ?
Thanks

My understanding is there will be a for-purchase edition of Bandlab Cakewalk separate from the free version.
It will have things like Dimension Pro, Rapture, etc. in it. It's hush hush for now exactly what the line up will be, but I suspect Bandlab will truly deliver the goods.
And even if something remains missing you'll still be able to use it anyway through piggiebacking off of Sonar.

I haven't tried Melodyne yet on Bandlab, so I can't say for sure.

There will not be a for purchase edition of CbB. There will however be paid for fx and instrument plugins. No details on what and when yet.
I believe that CbB will ask to import Sonar settings on first startup. If you missed that then to make sure that CbB can see Sonar plugin is to point CbB to the same plugin paths as Sonar.

Yes Melodyne works as an ARA plugin in CbB.
2018/04/21 15:53:16
jb101
tenfoot
Can't seem to open this file on an android tablet. Surely a web based technology company can find a more universal and accessible format to share this information on one of their websites? A very long time fan of all things Cakewalk, I will add it to the list of reasons I am rapibly losing interest in CbB.

It opened perfectly well on my android phone. I just tried it on my son's android tablet, and that was fine, too.
2018/04/21 20:14:16
Blackiejames7
Diabhidh
Thanks for the useful information I appreciate it. 
2018/04/21 21:07:40
Geo524
AWESOME!! Thank you, Meng and Team.
2018/04/21 21:36:27
GjB
DeBro
In the comparison chart I see TL-64 Tube Leveler, PX-64 Percussion Strip and VX-64 Vocal Strip are not included in CbB. They weren't included with Sonar Professional, so upgrading to CbB they showed up. I enabled them and they work.

Go to Utilities > Cakewalk Plugin-in Manager. When the dialog box opens, highlight VST Audio Effects in the list of Plug-in Categories, then select Show Excluded. You should see those three plug-ins in the Registered Plug-ins list. Close the Cakewalk Plugin-in Manager without taking any action. Go to Preferences > VST Settings and click on the Add button. Browse to This PC > Local Disk(C) > Program Files > Cakewalk > Shared Utilities > Internal. Add each of the following folders to the scan directory - StPX64, StTL64, StVX64. Click the Apply button and close the Preferences dialog box. Return to the Cakewalk Plugin-in Manager and proceed as before but this time select each of the three plugins in the Excluded Registered Plug-ins list and then click on the Enable Plugin button to enable them individually, and you'll be all set to use them.

Excellent. Thank you.
2018/04/22 06:30:10
mudgel
tenfoot
Can't seem to open this file on an android tablet. Surely a web based technology company can find a more universal and accessible format to share this information on one of their websites? A very long time fan of all things Cakewalk, I will add it to the list of reasons I am rapibly losing interest in CbB.

Which file? Surely you’re not talking about Cakewalk by BandLab (Sonar replacement).
BandLab, the social media music platform has an Android and an IOS app. Or via your browser on a PC, preferably Chrome as it handles low latency audio much better than any other browser.
2018/04/22 06:37:32
mudgel
tenfoot

Which file? Surely you’re not talking about Cakewalk by BandLab (Sonar replacement).
BandLab, the social media music platform has an Android and an IOS app. Or via your browser on a PC, preferably Chrome as it handles low latency audio much better than any other browser.

Can't be sure but I'd say he is talking about the Comparison Chart, the subject of this thread, I could be wrong.
2018/04/22 09:29:02
tenfoot
Matron Landslide
mudgel
tenfoot

Can't be sure but I'd say he is talking about the Comparison Chart, the subject of this thread, I could be wrong.

Quite right matron.  No interest in the Bandlab platform and Apps. 

No biggie. I have opened it on my media server PC. Just making the point that a google doc upload of a  comparison chart doesn't really scream slick rollout:)

Early days for CbB. Hoping it is in good hands and has a bright future for those sticking with it.. Time will tell.
2018/04/22 10:33:38
4syth
Thanks
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account