• Software
  • Waves organizer for mixing v9 and v10 plugs (p.2)
2018/07/12 19:34:27
Grem
ZincTrumpet

The WUP price for me came to $458 

I am pretty sure there is a $225 limit on how much you have to WUP.
2018/07/12 20:18:50
ZincTrumpet
Grem
ZincTrumpet

The WUP price for me came to $458 

I am pretty sure there is a $225 limit on how much you have to WUP.

Yes you are right, thanks Grem. I had to select an option that says I will only use the plugins on one computer at a time. Then the price was capped at $225.

Still more than I want to spend to get no new functionality though.
2018/07/12 21:25:53
Grem
ZincTrumpet

Still more than I want to spend to get no new functionality though.

Exactly. That's why I ain't got Wup'd!
2018/07/20 04:45:44
TheSteven
I don't understand why they didn't incorporate the V9-V10 Organizer as a part of Waves Central for v10 and have it run as part of the install process.

Lame.
So much grief so easily prevented.
2018/07/20 11:17:02
ZincTrumpet
TheSteven
I don't understand why they didn't incorporate the V9-V10 Organizer as a part of Waves Central for v10 and have it run as part of the install process.

Lame.
So much grief so easily prevented.

That would make a lot of sense TS. Maybe email the idea to them and hope they pick it up.
2018/07/20 22:00:23
RSMCGUITAR
My cynical opinion is they wanted people to feel desperate when their v9 plugs stopped working. Desperate enough to buy WUP immediately to get functionality back. Either that or they did zero testing before shipping the update.
2018/07/21 00:54:31
abacab
I held off on the Waves v10 upgrade until today.  No rush because all of my Waves v9 plugins were eligible for upgrade to v10, but I wanted to get it done before I forgot about it.

So I first upgraded Waves Central, then logged into my Waves account online and selected "get latest version" for all my current plugins.

After refreshing Waves Central, the new plugin versions appeared under "Easy Install & Activate".  Selected all and let Waves Central do its thing.

All went well, but one thing I did notice after is that Waves leaves the WaveShell 9 in the VST2 & 3 folders after the upgrade, in addition to the new WaveShell 10.  So depending on your DAW hosts, you may get both versions in your plugin lists after the VST scans.  So I simply renamed the WaveShell v9 in all my VST paths (VST2 & VST3) because I no longer had any v9 plugins.  All nice & tidy now! 
2018/07/21 01:41:21
Grem
abacab I think some of the Version 10 plugins still need something in the version 9 stuff they leave installed. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding of it. Unless that has been fixed recently.
2018/07/21 13:10:16
abacab
Grem
abacab I think some of the Version 10 plugins still need something in the version 9 stuff they leave installed. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding of it. Unless that has been fixed recently.

I only have v10 plugs now, and all are working fine with the WaveShell v9 disabled (renamed the .dll).

Can only assume that that the Waves installer leaves that version behind and doesn't remove it in case there are still v9 plugs in use.

But having both the v9 and v10 .dll available caused some plugin scanners, including Ableton Live, to detect both versions of the plugins.
2018/07/22 14:57:24
Grem
abacab

Can only assume that that the Waves installer leaves that version behind and doesn't remove it in case there are still v9 plugs in use.

I can't remember where I read it, but someone (maybe not even this forum) was saying that some older plugins of Waves use 'WaveLibs' in the V9 plugins which is why they leave them. So if you run across a problem, just try and rename your V9 back to what it was and see if that works.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account