• Software
  • Reaper Tops With Instructional Tutorials
2018/07/16 23:13:20
Jesse G
I am not a big fan of Reaper.

There are things that I just don't like at all about the DAW, so  I will not be purchasing it.

But boy oh boy do they offer the best Tutorials I've seen on the Market for a DAW!!.

If only Cakewalk had video's like this.

REAPER VIDEO TUTORIALS
2018/07/17 01:07:36
rcklln
I've watched a bunch of those and think Kenny Gioia does a great job - and they are free!
2018/07/17 06:36:25
azslow3
Jesse G
I am not a big fan of Reaper.

There are things that I just don't like at all about the DAW, so  I will not be purchasing it.

But boy oh boy do they offer the best Tutorials I've seen on the Market for a DAW!!.

REAPER tutorials are good. But that is not the only top side of this DAW.

It Tops at least in: size, portability, performance, license, scripting and project files format. And in all that it Tops with a big distance to any competitors.

Many will also say it Tops in stability, the speed of bug fixing and price. While the last, unlike in spread rumor, is the only questionable point in the list since there are free CbB and Tracktion.

There are properties of REAPER which some people can dislike. Again, unlike in spread rumor, the GUI is the very last in the list of questionable properties, if it really can be put there at all.

There was time when I was thinking nice video/tutorials can push CW upwards. No. CW is a brilliant concept... of the last century. The time is moving forward. So as a program, it will stay archaic till re-written. Nothing wrong with that, I still periodically play Tetris, HMM3 and Civ3/4. But no videos can make these games "modern", they are and will stay vintage
2018/07/17 12:53:44
Michael A.D.
Jesse G
 There are things that I just don't like at all about the DAW,

What's great about Reaper is that you can make it into YOUR personal DAW.  You can modify the menus, create toolbars, and the workflow is so wide-open that it puts off many folks when they first try it.

You can make it work the way you want to work.

2018/07/17 13:14:37
S.L.I.P.
Reaper's performance is rock solid. I have been using Reaper for over six months and I have not had one crash. I can't believe how little CPU is used compared with other DAWs. 
2018/07/17 13:22:11
Skyline_UK
It's that 'flexibility' that put me right off when I tried Reaper; I was totally befuddled by the myriad of menus and options and didn't find them self-explantory so had to constantly look things up just to see what the options were.  I much prefer CWbBL's approach.  But each one to his own!

Michael A.D.
Jesse G
 There are things that I just don't like at all about the DAW,

What's great about Reaper is that you can make it into YOUR personal DAW.  You can modify the menus, create toolbars, and the workflow is so wide-open that it puts off many folks when they first try it.

You can make it work the way you want to work.

2018/07/17 13:58:49
Jim Roseberry
Reaper is flexible almost to a fault.
That does put-off some folks... 
If you have the time/patience, you can configure Reaper to look/respond exactly as you choose.

From a "performance" perspective, nothing touches it.
2018/07/17 14:19:35
The Maillard Reaction

2018/07/17 17:28:00
poetnprophet
Honestly, if it wasn't for Kenny's videos I never would have understood Reaper.  It really is a great DAW if you give yourself the time it takes you to learn it well enough and the video tutorials really are at the top.

If I don't resolve these crashes with CbB I'll likely switch to Reaper.  Although I have heard Reaper is un-crashable....I was able to crash it on my first try.  Maybe it's just me...?
Jim Roseberry
Reaper is flexible almost to a fault.
That does put-off some folks... 
If you have the time/patience, you can configure Reaper to look/respond exactly as you choose.

From a "performance" perspective, nothing touches it.

The performance aspect of REAPER is why I switched from Sonar 5 over ten years ago.

I'll take top flight performance and true rock solid stability over an easier to understand or prettier interface every time. I spent about a week in the REAPER forum asking questions when I first started using it, and that was about all it took to get me where like now, I only spend my time worrying about the music, and never consider if the DAW software will crap out if I add ten more FX to the hundred plus I'm already running.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account