• Software
  • Reaper Tops With Instructional Tutorials (p.2)
2018/07/18 00:48:26
Jesse G
My main question is, how is Reaper with 3rd party plugins, especially Wave Plugins.

I have a lot of Waves Bundle and plugins and they need to work in Reaper.

I watch some videos on YouTube about folks having to create alternate ways of getting the plugins working right in Reaper. Has this been addressed in any of the updates this year?
2018/07/18 01:23:39
BobF
Jesse G
My main question is, how is Reaper with 3rd party plugins, especially Wave Plugins.

I have a hows of Waves Bundle and plugins and they need to work in Reaper.

I watch some videos on YouTube about folks having to create alternate ways of getting the plugins working right in Reaper. Has this been addressed in any of the updates this year?

I've used Waves Gold with Reaper a lot.  Never had a problem with Waves plugs or any other plugs for that matter.
2018/07/18 04:35:25
Grem
BobF
Jesse G

I've used Waves Gold with Reaper a lot.  Never had a problem with Waves plugs or any other plugs for that matter.

Agree with Bob. Never had an issue with Waves in Reaper.

2018/07/18 04:36:35
Ditto, REAPER works fine with waves and all my other plugs
2018/07/18 09:02:11
azslow3
poetnprophet
If I don't resolve these crashes with CbB I'll likely switch to Reaper.  Although I have heard Reaper is un-crashable....I was able to crash it on my first try.  Maybe it's just me...?

As any other DAW, REAPER by default run all plug-ins inside itself, following general rules for dealing with plug-ins. Plug-in can do anything: crash or corrupt memory, freeze, generate under-runs, etc.

But unlike in other DAWs, in case you have such plug-in and have a reason to continue using it, REAPER has a plenty of compatibility options you can tweak. Also the diagnostic of what is the problem is top.

Jesse G

I have a hows of Waves Bundle and plugins and they need to work in Reaper.

REAPER keeps track of known plug-ins in simple text files (the same for settings and projects). Waves is known for fancy compatibility issues since unlike most other suppliers they use a "shell", which basically is responsible for authorization (any company except Cockos, since several years including CW, assumes that any consumer is a thief).
Recognition problems are normally solved by manipulating these files, usually just delete and re-scan, in worse cases by editing.

REAPER continuously improve plug-in compatibility (which always was good, but there are always things which can be done to workaround plug-in bugs). This year is not an exception.

2018/07/18 12:56:25
Jim Roseberry
Haven't had any issue with Waves plugins (v9 and v10) running in Reaper.
2018/07/19 01:29:07
Jesse G
OK all,

Thanks for the information on Waves and Reaper. 

Are you all using it as a replacement for Sonar, or is it just another add DAW to play around with?

2018/07/24 12:31:57
Grem
Jesse G

Are you all using it as a replacement for Sonar, or is it just another add DAW to play around with?

I have CbB, Reaper, and Studio One 3 Pro. Haven't upgraded SO3 yet. But I will. And I always update Reaper. 

But CbB is the main tool I use. I don't think I have done a whole project/song from start to finish in either Reaper or SO3. I have started songs in both, but at some point get frustrated in the learning curve and switch to CbB because I know it so well.

When it looked like Sonar would not be resurrected I really gave both Reaper and Studio One 3 a good try, and was really leaning more towards Reaper because of the ability to make it how I wanted it. SO3 is more rigid in that aspect. 
2018/07/24 13:24:20
bapu
Reaper is a great DAW. I was inches away from making it my go to DAW.

Then Studio One Pro V4 came out. I upgraded to it. Now it's my go to DAW.

I have one more project to complete in CbB and it will be relegated to back seat status, but of course I will keep it updated (since it's free) in case I need to open old projects for any reason.
2018/07/24 15:20:57
Starise

I'm glad there are plenty of training videos out there for Reaper because people are going to need them. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account