2018/07/24 15:23:22
SMcNamara
For the $29 promotional price this was a no-brainer after playing with the demo.  I spent a couple of hours playing around with it and really enjoyed how smooth was the Abbey Road Chamber 2; the character it imparts is very nice.  The STEED process is very cool, though it's easy in the higher range to really lose control of it.    

Plus there are two extra chambers which add nice character as well. I even used A. Road plate and chamber in serial and that was an interesting effect.

Hope others enjoy it.

Steve
2018/07/24 18:22:14
Grem
SMcNamara

I even used A. Road plate and chamber in serial and that was an interesting effect.

Hope others enjoy it.

Steve

I did the same with the same results!!

I am enjoying it. Along with the other AR plugins. R56 is a really nice EQ.
2018/07/24 22:20:33
Glyn Barnes
My first impressions are very favourable. I love the Abbey Road plates and this seems just as good.

I am glad to see this thread here discussing the merits of the plug in, the one in deals is all about finding the best price.
2018/07/24 23:28:17
2:43AM
Glyn Barnes
My first impressions are very favourable. I love the Abbey Road plates and this seems just as good.

I'll be checking this one out. The GUI is pretty awesome.  Waves definitely has improved in the arts department, even if the GUI's are mainly for show (and to provide a historical portrayal as well). Hopefully, Chambers is a little easier on the CPU than Plates, though I understand sometimes more horsepower is needed for better-sounding plugins. After all, as for Plates, several of the manuals for various pieces of Alesis equipment (e.g. Quadraverb 2, Wedge, etc.) talk about how the "plate" algorithm is one of the most taxing on DSP processing power.
2018/07/24 23:38:28
SMcNamara
2:43AM
Glyn Barnes

Hopefully, Chambers is a little easier on the CPU than Plates, though I understand sometimes more horsepower is needed for better-sounding plugins. 

My initial use shows a decent amount of CPU use, but it seems to be processing some serious algorithms (if that is a proper use of the term).  

As for price, I haven’t seen the discussion in the Deals forum, but if you’re spending any significant time trying to get a deal better than $29???  Come On.  😊

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account