• SONAR
  • Cakewalk by Bandlab Update strategy (p.2)
2018/11/16 17:30:09
Starise
We have been told there will be a new forum. I know it's been awhile. Not sure if you seen pics of the Cakewalk booth? There were only a handful of guys there. That's basically the Cakewalk team. This is nothing to be alarmed at since other DAW makers have similar teams. It DOES, however explain why they might be behind just a little.

I think if we could at least get the "Sonar" heading changed to " Cakewalk By Bandlab" that would be a huge move forward. The website does clearly direct traffic to CbB now. That wasn't happening before. I've frequented this forum for a long time. I don't dislike how it works now. I imagine a new forum will be more integrated with Bandlab. Another possibility is they are adding the goodies to purchase in terms of plugins and synths and this could be taking a little time. I don't like eating unbaked cake. A yes is a yes. We have a yes. We don't have a when. 

2018/11/16 17:39:46
scook
Starise
I think if we could at least get the "Sonar" heading changed to " Cakewalk By Bandlab" that would be a huge move forward.

I don't want BandLab to spend a second or a cent on this forum if it impacts the rollout of anything. In this case. I can agree with the OP
cowboydan
I would think that men could read between the names of the software

I expect women could too.
2018/11/16 17:49:57
cowboydan
scook
There is no confusion here. Your .sig suggests you use Sonar [sic], a product no longer manufactured. You subject mentioned one product, the body of your original post mentioned the product in your .sig.

If you want a product that is currently being developed, maintained and supported that currently looks and works like SONAR upgrade to CbB.

If you want a road map for CbB future development expect to be disappointed. I would delighted if BandLab provided a detailed road map for CbB (or some third DAW mentioned in the OP) development with target delivery dates. I would also like to see planned product rollouts with release dates and price info. Maybe updates on some of the internal goings on like the account migration, when the new forum will be introduced. That said, I do not expect anything regarding status other than an announcement when ready.

So, that is taken care of. My sig is changed now. Anything to make Mr. Scook happy. I sure wouldnt want to offend you in any way.
2018/11/16 17:59:39
scook
I am not responsible for your posts or .sig. Don't see how you can legitimately whine about replies based on the information you post.
2018/11/16 18:08:42
cowboydan
scook
I am not responsible for your posts or .sig. Don't see how you can legitimately whine about replies based on the information you post.

I am not whining about anything on this forum. I believe that I asked a few questions to find out from Bandlab what the future would bring. Instead I get hit with your posts because I used Sonar in my OP. After that was changed You started on my signature had Sonar in it. This I also corrected. I would never have expected that you were the GODFATHER of Bandlab. And I did not expect to have a hard time from you because I asked a few questions. Are all Texans like this?
2018/11/16 18:14:51
scook
Maybe your beliefs are wrong. Why so personal? I answered your questions and you did not like the answers. That is OK. Getting personal is not.

Does it stem from
cowboydan
In saying this I guess I'll be shot, yelled at, being called not grateful etc. I will not react to those that wish to be mean, so save your ammunition for someone else.

If so, I have no gun, did not yell or call you out for being ungrateful. Must be the "et cetera" category that caused the reaction.

Still, your reaction to my posts is unwarranted.
2018/11/16 18:26:37
cowboydan
scook
Maybe your beliefs are wrong. Why so personal? I answered your questions and you did not like the answers. That is OK. Getting personal is not.

Does it stem from
cowboydan
In saying this I guess I'll be shot, yelled at, being called not grateful etc. I will not react to those that wish to be mean, so save your ammunition for someone else.

If so, I have no gun, did not yell or call you out for being ungrateful. Must be the "et cetera" category that caused the reaction.

Still it seems your reaction to my posts is unwarranted.

I did not see that you were representing Bandlab when you answered my question. It might have been beter just answering the question without your issues with Sonar ( by habit) in my OP and after that with my signature. 
I did ask a few questions and I hope to get the answer from someone else except you. I do not think you are the right person to answer these questions. And yes "I Believe "
2018/11/16 18:42:42
scook
This is a public peer-to-peer forum. There is no expectation anyone will answer posts.

I am not a BandLab employee and have never claimed to represent BandLab in this thread.

I replied to your posts as posted and clarified. Hopefully others will choose to participate. Maybe someone will provide replies more to your liking.
2018/11/16 18:49:16
Anderton
I don't know of any DAW company that publicizes what future plans are beyond some occasional hints, although Noel has done that as well. For example no one knew that Studio One 4 would include harmonic editing, Avid didn't pre-announce they were going to monthly updates, Ableton didn't comment on whether or not Live 10 would include VST3, etc.

I think it's quite straightforward. Cakewalk is being updated; something like replacing the audio stretching algorithm is a pretty big deal. Sure, it would be nice to know what updates are being contemplated in the background, but again, I don't see why BandLab would be any different in this respect than most other manufacturers who keep things under wraps until they're ready. 
2018/11/16 18:50:55
Canopus
cowboydan
It would be nice to know when of if Cakewalk will be updated and how frequently this will happen. If there are no updates coming, that would be nice to know as well. It has been I think 2/3 of a year and have not heard very much from Bandlab about how they will go forward with the software in the future. It would be good for those who are getting used to using Cakewalk to know what the plans are up the road, possibly to maybe getting another daw that will be frequently updated and useable in the future.

There have been numerous posts in this forum asking for road maps, strategies and schedules. Your post is certainly not the first and probably not the last. But this is basically a peer-to-peer forum. Should Meng turn up to give any such information, you can rest assured that it would be posted as a stickie at the top of this page for everyone to see. Until then, I guess we all just have to wait.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account