• SONAR
  • Cakewalk by Bandlab Update strategy (p.3)
2018/11/16 18:59:38
Starise
scook
Starise
I think if we could at least get the "Sonar" heading changed to " Cakewalk By Bandlab" that would be a huge move forward.

I don't want BandLab to spend a second or a cent on this forum if it impacts the rollout of anything. In this case. I can agree with the OP
cowboydan
I would think that men could read between the names of the software

I expect women could too

Agreed. I would rather Cakewalk spend time on the most important things. When I brought this up it was mainly me thinking it was a few minutes to fix a title. Maybe not? 

Scook. It can sometimes be difficult to gauge intent on the web. I will say you seem a bit testy and dismissive here. 
2018/11/16 19:15:26
ampfixer
It's a free program financed via a tip jar, what did you all expect? It is what it is, take it or leave it.
2018/11/16 19:24:14
slartabartfast
The company formerly known as Cakewalk, probably set up pretty unrealistic expectations when they started the rolling updates policy, which was primarily a marketing ploy intended to complement the membership model. Apparently there is now a group of users of the product presently known as Cakewalk who are salivating like Pavlov's dogs in anticipation of the same kind of monthly distribution of tidbits they have come to expect. Frankly I found rolling updates just plain annoying. When they were in force, there were many users who complained about an update that was underwhelming in terms of new features, and those who were unhappy that some stuff got released before it was fully cooked. I expect that most of us will be happier if Cakewalk is not updated on a self imposed calendar based schedule, but rather when significant bug fixes and features are ready for release. Unless you are planning to purchase another DAW that has features you need, and want to save some money if Cakewalk will have those features in the near future, there seems to be little utility in knowing what some form of Cakewalk vaporware will take before it arrives.
2018/11/16 20:46:46
mkerl
Every month some people get nervous when there is an delay on the expected Update. That's quite funny. Me and myself I think to myself, the longer the wait, the bigger the bang. Time to fill up the basement with beer and champers. 

Cheers :)
2018/11/16 22:44:09
mettelus
Gibson did a disservice with the monthly updates (which was inexorably bound to the marketing/billing model) in that they forced "something" to be released each month which led users to expect something (not always quality, but just SOMETHING!) and totally undermined any marketing campaign (the "same ole, same ole" scenario).

To put that into perspective, PreSonus and iZotope are good examples of making releases into a horse and pony show. It is often common to see a lot of fanfare well in advance of their releases that draw a lot of attention with grandiose claims (some true, some not so true). Videos, web casts, etc... with some people "Oohing" and "Ahing" and others throwing rocks... but regardless, attention (i.e., adept marketing). In the 20-working-day release cycle with SONAR, marketing was lost in the shuffle and continues to be so... pretty much relegated to this forum which forsakes new members.

CbB has always had great potential to be more, but I have always felt the monthly updates mandated by Gibson would have a lingering detrimental effect. It would be nice to see an attention-grabbing campaign surface (if even by users), but the paradigm seems to be entrenched already.

[Good grief... just reread this and made me feel like a walking thesaurus, sorry about that!]
2018/11/16 23:48:10
abacab
I would be happy to see one decent update a year.
2018/11/16 23:57:41
stickman393
Well, we're almost at full circle now. :-)
2018/11/17 00:09:31
retired_account
No-one payed a dime for CbB, no-one is owed a thing.
Be thankful it's still around.
2018/11/17 00:29:05
newdreamstudio
...  after waiting a few hours to see if I wanted to reply to this thread, I've decided to reply... YMMV...

lots of energy around this one!
I think that everyone just wants a great result, no one wants to feel dissed...
... would that more politicians get that...

Texans and the Netherlands:    I assure you that the vast vast majority of Texans are wonderful people...   of course/as always the media goes for "the story"...     my Oregonian wife has really enjoyed 99% of the Texans that she's known (including me)..      and I have a total soft spot in my heart for anyone from the Netherlands...
...   so maybe  everybody take a breath...  

SCOOK:   really:   he is one of the good guys...    Very Very Very patient...   I couldn't be that patient with what comes across on the forum...     he's always out to help, IMO his advice is about the best.... 

.......  just sayin'

Rusty
Santa Fe, NM/USA    formerly Texas/USA

2018/11/17 00:44:45
bapu
I'm going to hop on user peer Honda website and ask what Honda's plans are for future models of the Odessey line of vehicles. Then and only then will I decide to upgrade. And dagnabbt, they better give me the answers I want (hint: hovercraft).

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account