• SONAR
  • Cakewalk by Bandlab Update strategy (p.6)
2018/11/18 01:32:38
InstrEd
Thanks Noel. I'm just a little perplexed that no information has come forth about Rapture Pro, Z3ta etc. I hope Bandlab got those nuggets in the deal from Gibson and they will be available for purchase in the near future.
Also hoping with having Jesse back on board the Matrix will get some love.

2018/11/18 01:57:15
scook
InstrEd
Thanks Noel. I'm just a little perplexed that no information has come forth about Rapture Pro, Z3ta etc.

Meng mentioned Rapture Pro by name here and here. I am sure Z3ta+2 was purchased too. In addition to re-badging the software, old Cakewalk customer accounts need to be migrated before any paid add-ons such as Rapture Pro can be released, otherwise; it would be difficult for BandLab to price them.
2018/11/18 02:19:01
InstrEd
Thanks Scook. Funny I guess I did read that back then but my old mind just forgot. I just want then to get started with the new site, forum and add-on sales so I can give them some of my money for keeping Cakewalk alive. I don't need the mug I have Rapture Pro, Z3ta but missed some of the prochannel add-ons and would like to buy them.

Also a personal thank you Scook for all your help on this forum. I hope when the new forum takes over that you will be a Forum host
2018/11/18 02:24:30
scook
InstrEd
 I just want them to get started with the new site, forum and add-on sales

Me too.

InstrEd
Also a personal thank you Scook for all your help on this forum. I hope when the new forum takes over that you will be a Forum host

Thanks, maybe the new forum won't need as much outside help. We will have to see when it rolls out.
2018/11/18 04:21:12
Kamikaze
During this transition I think the frequent updates, as well as addressing stability issues, help reassure the user base that the program is in good hands and worth investing our time in. Once the forum and accounts are migrated, I think the sense of security will be more assured. It's been nice getting monthly updates butI can see the frequency reducing as things get fully settled. Personally I'd prefer more frequently than annually, I think quarterly would be a nice balance. I don't think we need a road map, for the products, but an idea of when the migration is expected would be welcome.

The main reason I hope we didn't get an update, was so that Noel gets a holiday every now and again.  
2018/11/18 05:16:38
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
InstrEd
Thanks Noel. I'm just a little perplexed that no information has come forth about Rapture Pro, Z3ta etc. I hope Bandlab got those nuggets in the deal from Gibson and they will be available for purchase in the near future.
Also hoping with having Jesse back on board the Matrix will get some love.

BandLab owns all Cakewalk assets including instruments, so no worries there. Were a small team and have been focusing on CbB at the moment. I'll make sure Jesse gets to revisit the Matrix. I'll give him the red pill instead of the blue pill :-P
2018/11/18 05:20:27
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Kamikaze
During this transition I think the frequent updates, as well as addressing stability issues, help reassure the user base that the program is in good hands and worth investing our time in. Once the forum and accounts are migrated, I think the sense of security will be more assured. It's been nice getting monthly updates butI can see the frequency reducing as things get fully settled. Personally I'd prefer more frequently than annually, I think quarterly would be a nice balance. I don't think we need a road map, for the products, but an idea of when the migration is expected would be welcome.

The main reason I hope we didn't get an update, was so that Noel gets a holiday every now and again.  

Haha thanks for the reminder. Jesse and I are headed to Singapore after thanksgiving but I'm taking a week off after that.
2018/11/18 05:28:08
Kamikaze

2018/11/18 05:54:50
Euthymia
marled
Euthymia
Oh do I love these threads.

I love them also. But I do not feel superior to someone else on this forum!

Okay, mea culpa.

Don't get me wrong, all CbB users going forward have a lot to thank everyone who bought licenses under the old payware model, especially the ones who kept matters afloat toward the end by trusting the company enough to buy the perpetual license. And I'm glad that they still benefit from getting to use all the great ancillary software that came with the SONAR Platinum Suite and that they got to benefit from having been able to use the program for all those years and months that the CbB users didn't.

What I save my bemusement for is the odd sense of entitlement that is expressed in this forum, from users who seem to think that they're doing BandLab a favor by using this software for free, that BandLab has something to prove to them before they will either switch from SONAR Platinum (or older) or whatever DAW that they fled to when Cakewalk folded.

The "cold dead fingers" SONAR people are the ones I find most puzzling. They prefer to run a slower, buggier, feature-poorer version of the program for what reason? Because they met the terms of that license by exchanging money for it instead of just registering for a BandLab account and installing the BandLab Assistant? Or to spite the new owners for making their program freeware?
2018/11/18 06:05:38
gmp
What Noel has said should give comfort for those that have worried about the direction of CbB. I also think that the rigidity of the monthly updates is not the best approach, but more like what Noel said that sometimes it make take a month or 2 maybe longer if they're working on something that needs more time.

I'd much rather wait than to get an update that hadn't really been tested fully or fully developed. We're in great hands with Noel, Jesse, Meng etc. I fully trust them to make good decisions while we sit back and reap the benefits or their good work and wisdom.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account