2018/11/19 01:27:29
nickjap
Hi,
Can anyone help? When I export audio tracks which are below 0dB when they're playing in my project I've found that when loaded into another kind of software, they play out as peaking well in the red. Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong or what export settings I should be using? (I run calkwalk through Windows 10 64 bit.)

Thanks
2018/11/19 13:37:23
marled
I guess you exported the audio tracks mono!

If your tracks have the interleave set to stereo and you export them to a mono wave file, then the left/right channels are added together and this results in a level increase of +3 dB. Either you have to take this into account or set the interleave to mono if it is a mono source!
In some cases it is also possible that a plugin effect forces a stereo output (with the same consequence).
2018/11/19 20:00:54
Bristol_Jonesey
List all the settings in your Export Dialog box.
2018/11/19 20:20:45
Cactus Music
Here's a screen shot from my tutorial that shows the default settings which work for me 100%.

Here's another screen shot of what will 100% guarantee your mixes stay under the limit. You'll need to have owned Splat to have this on but there are many other limiters kicking around.

2018/11/20 02:12:36
bitflipper
What's the other kind of software?

If you import your exported file back into Cakewalk, do the peak readings still match the project prior to exporting?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account