2016/06/11 21:26:38
jackroller
New user here so I apologize if this is a dumb question.  I'm using z3ta+2 with Sonar Platinum and like the title says I'm having a bit of a problem.  It seems my automation envelopes are becoming orphaned whenever I've closed and reopened my project.  Also, I've noticed certain settings within z3ta aren't staying saved either, Arpeggiator Disable for instance.

I have both Sonar and Z3ta installed on a drive other than C, and used Cakewalk Command Center to install them both at the same time.  BUT - I've noticed some of Z3ta's files and other random Cakewalk files on my C drive, which shouldn't be there.  I suspect that there is some sort of folder location confusion happening within Sonar, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated.
2016/06/12 10:28:13
jackroller
14 views, 0 replies.  Thanks for all the help everyone!
2016/06/13 11:31:51
jackroller
Still trying to fix the issue...
2016/06/13 13:42:36
scook
I cannot replicate the problem and do not recall these problems with the current version of z3ta+2. IIRC, there were some issues with an early release of 2.2 loading programs in old projects but it was fixed and the latest release mentioned above has the fix in it. I use default settings for both SONAR and z3ta+2 and have no experience with where files are installed when not using default locations. The only thing I can suggest is review the registry settings, make sure you are using the latest version of z3ta+2 and know which plug-in binary vst2 or vst3 is loading.
2016/06/13 14:20:47
jackroller
Thanks for the reply.  I verified that I am using the current version according to CCC, and I've recreated my project file from scratch but I'm still getting the same problems.  

I've been avoiding having to perform a full reinstall of Sonar, committing a sizable portion of a drive that's not intended for it.  My C: drive is a relatively small SSD and I would prefer my Cakewalk files to be located in their entirety elsewhere.  Given the number of threads complaining about this very topic I don't think that CW cares.

2016/06/13 14:47:05
scook
I recall the pain of managing SONAR on XP with a 20GB system drive and swore I would never repeat the experience. Now I use an SSD for the system drive but waited until the drives got a little larger and the price came down. As mentioned above, I use my 250GB system drive for a complete SONAR Platinum, z3ta+2 and RPro install. I have SONAR X2, X3 and Platinum D through the latest installed on the drive. I do have some other sample based plug-ins. The samples for those plug-ins are on a combination of HD and SSDs but all plug-ins and all versions of SONAR fit on the C drive with plenty of room to spare for other applications. If I had it to do over, I would probably use 500GB SSDs if only the price has continued to fall.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account