• SONAR
  • question for bandlab - when's the replacement forum coming? thx (p.2)
2018/09/23 09:47:47
Johnbee58
mettelus
I have not logged into the forums for a while and found the Bandlab pop up interesting. It comes across to me like a social media campaign where they want the entire world to use CbB but no intent to support it.

The OP made me chuckle though, 5 1/2 months is almost a year? Now I can officially be older than dirt :(

5.5 months since the new DAW (Cakewalk by Bandlab) , but I guess he's (correctly) thinking almost a year since the BIG announcement from Cakewalk (by Gibson) that it was abandoning all users, hence causing the major panic (November 2017)= almost 1 year.

Respectfully;
John B.
2018/09/23 09:55:19
msmcleod
pwalpwal
msmcleod

This forum works pretty well for the most part IMHO.

except for no new users, no notifications, pretty much abandoned imo, you can see the big drop in posts...

Yeah, good point... though offline help and/or decent online help integration is really needed before this happens, else the forum will be flooded with newbie RTFM type questions.
2018/09/23 13:25:53
bitman
It may never. forums are falling out of fashion. Largely due to mobile devices.

2018/09/23 13:33:57
pwalpwal
bitman
It may never. forums are falling out of fashion. Largely due to mobile devices.

tapatalk?
2018/09/23 13:34:43
pwalpwal
but, as has been stated, bandlab are a social media company, so what gives?
2018/09/23 15:10:21
Whistlekiller
I look in on this forum from time to time but I also look in on the Facebook Cakewalk/Sonar groups just as frequently. I think somebody up thread hit the nail on the head. Forums of this nature just aren’t as popular as they once were and I’ve noticed this across several different interests/hobbies that I have. Just the way of things nowadays I suppose. I’m not too concerned about what happens on the forum front as I can get info from other sources quite easily in the meantime and from what I’ve read, support has also been readily forthcoming from BandLab, not that I’ve needed any since they took over......
2018/09/23 15:55:12
joakes
pwalpwal
msmcleod

This forum works pretty well for the most part IMHO.

except for no new users, no notifications, pretty much abandoned imo, you can see the big drop in posts...

Perhaps because there are less bugs around now so people don’t need to post.

Lets be honnest, when the new forum arrives, there will still be whingers not liking it for one reason or another. Complaining about this and that.

I’m happy with what Bandlab are doing, my glass is half full anyway.

Jerry
2018/09/23 17:31:17
Jesse Jost
Thanks for your patience with the launch of the new forum site. We can't provide an exact date just yet, but know that activities are underway. Keep a lookout for an announcement soon. We're as excited as you!
2018/10/17 13:29:26
pwalpwal
^^^^^^^
2018/10/17 13:36:43
bapu

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account