• SONAR
  • question for bandlab - when's the replacement forum coming? thx (p.3)
2018/10/17 13:39:00
pwalpwal
i said bandlab not bapulab
2018/10/17 13:41:13
Zargg
bapu

Sad you Am?
There will never be the likes of the FSF ever again, I'm sowwy to say.
Yet look forward to a forum with email notifications.
2018/10/17 14:11:46
pwalpwal
Zargg
notifications.

FTW!
2018/10/17 18:17:47
Johnbee58
I don't know whether or not this has occurred to anybody else but I'm also wondering how much of this forum will be archived to the new one, or will it be completely new content starting from scratch?

John B.
2018/10/17 18:51:12
richardskeltmusic
If/when a new forum arrives I hope that posting pictures/video will be easy.  It's very straightforward on the FB forum and obviously very useful.  Each time I have tried to try to post a pic here I have to remember whether it is Photobucket that still works or whether it's IMGUR and which of the cryptic options in the menu is the right one to achive posting success. I confess that there have been times when it just defeated me.  It's not good.  The quotes thing never quite works out the way I wanted. Perhaps if you are a super regular user these things are easy, but for the rest of us????
2018/10/17 22:26:35
gmp
bitman
It may never. forums are falling out of fashion. Largely due to mobile devices.

I'd love to see what a more practical alternative to a forum for music software would be that's more in fashion. In my opinion there is none. I'd love to be proved wrong and learn something new.

It's obvious that there will be a new forum by what Cakewalk has already said and promised. No doubt they're fairly close to the launch date. Anyone who has had a question, problem, bug, etc already knows how useful even this current forum is even with it limping along and not able to allow new users to join. 

I'm sure when the new forum opens, many will be amazed at the posts from new users that will likely slowly escalate in the first month. I'm sure looking forward to it.

I never access any forum from my smart phone, so I'm not sure how difficult and impractical it is. Anyone who has CbB installed is using either a laptop or desktop not a smart phone, so obviously they can easily access a forum. For complicated software like CbB I can't imagine forums ceasing to exist.

I'm encouraged by Jesse's post and other Cakewalk employees recent posts about the forum coming soon.

2018/10/17 23:33:32
Anderton
bitman

Partially true...the part where forums intersected with social media have ceded users to Facebook and such. However, forums are still a large part of support for many companies. I think Cakewalk would tend to fall more under that category.

2018/10/18 00:50:42
Euthymia
bitman

They're only falling out of fashion with some people.

It's fine with me if the new forum fails to attract people whose interest is for things that are in fashion. Speaking only for myself, I'd rather have it attract people whose interest is in things that are useful.

The software we're discussing runs mainly on desktops and laptops. Someone who would rather hunch over their phone and play Candy Crush or whatever is delivering the best dopamine squirts this month is probably not cut out to be the best contributor to in-depth discussions anyway.
2018/10/18 02:39:05
sock monkey
All I can say is I've learned way more about Cakewalk here on this forum than from any other source. 
I stop by once a week and in the old days always learned a new trick,,, it's faded away now and I have not gleaned much here in a long time. So yes, time for a change. 
2018/11/01 19:44:20
Afrodrum
Euthymia
bitman

They're only falling out of fashion with some people.

It's fine with me if the new forum fails to attract people whose interest is for things that are in fashion. Speaking only for myself, I'd rather have it attract people whose interest is in things that are useful.

The software we're discussing runs mainly on desktops and laptops. Someone who would rather hunch over their phone and play Candy Crush or whatever is delivering the best dopamine squirts this month is probably not cut out to be the best contributor to in-depth discussions anyway.

A very good point. (And fashion nonsense exposed)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account