• SONAR
  • Fastest way to change gain of waveform?
2018/11/09 05:21:52
user390096
Hi,

Maybe it already exists but I'm curious if there is a super-quick way to change the gain +/- on the waveform? Like highlight the section of interest, and then hit 1 key, maybe a number key to raise/lower it a percentage? Right now I highlight the section of interest, then go into Process, Apply Effect, Gain and then select from a drop-down list of however many DBs of +/- I want which takes a bit of time. I know I've asked for this type of feature update before. Does anybody know if it has been created or of a faster method?

Thanx, Frederick
2018/11/09 06:28:11
promidi
Clip gain automation perhaps?
2018/11/09 11:17:19
Bassman002
Hi:)

I have 4 Autohotkey Hotkeys for that:

Shift + 7      -3 dB
Shift + 8      -1 dB
Shift + 9      +1 dB
Shift + 0      + 3 dB

Here is the Cakewalk Section from the Gain.ahk:

The other Hotkeys are for opening the flyout window (Ctrl + J) of the ProChannel EQ and for backing up the last 5 Dirs of my Recording partition ( Ctrl+Alt+B ).

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe Cakewalk.exe

^j::
Click 135,310,1
Send, {PgUp}{PgUp}
Click 165,450,1
Return

NumpadDot::
 Send {,}
Return

+7::
Send {Alt}m{Enter}g{Tab}-3{Tab 7}-3{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

+0::
Send {Alt}m{Enter}g{Tab}3{Tab 7}3{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

+8::
Send {Alt}m{Enter}g{Tab}-1{Tab 7}-1{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

+9::
Send {Alt}m{Enter}g{Tab}1{Tab 7}1{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

^!b::
source_Path := "R:\"
FilePattern := "*.*"
target_Path1 := "B:\Backup - Musik\"
target_Path2 := "A:\OneDrive\Studio - Record NAS\"
MaxCopys := 5
Runwait, % comspec " /c dir """ source_Path FilePattern """ /T:W /B /O-D | clip",, hide
Loop, parse, clipboard, `n, `r
  {
    oCopy := source_Path A_loopField
    If (Instr(FileExist(oCopy), "D"))
        RunWait % comspec " /c xCopy """ source_Path A_loopField """ """ target_Path1 A_loopField """ /s /i /y",, Hide
    If (Instr(FileExist(oCopy), "A"))
        FileCopy, % oCopy , % target_Path1 "\*.*"
    If (A_index=MaxCopys){
        RunWait % comspec " /c xCopy """ source_Path "*.*" """ """ target_Path2 "*.*" """ /s /i /y",, Hide
        Msgbox 0x40000,, % "Copied last " MaxCopys " files/diretories modified!!"
        Break
    }
 }
Return

#IfWinActive

Greetz,
Bassman.

2018/11/09 16:07:36
user390096
Bassman,

Thanx for responding with a detailed response but can you explain how to put these in my Sonar program? I tried the simple: highlight, hit shift + 7, etc and nothing happened as expected as I figure first you need to install this programming somehow and it's not a default Sonar method but something you created yourself. Is this something I can just copy and paste into a location in the .exe file?

Please advise, and thanx, I figured somebody must have figured this out by now
2018/11/09 16:39:25
bitflipper
Autohotkey is a free utility that lets you script just about any action and link it to a keyboard shortcut.
2018/11/10 06:24:31
Bassman002
Hi:)

@user390096

1. Install Autohotkey  --> https://www.autohotkey.com/
2. Download this "AHK" File --> https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al2mKojzOW0Ml5hMn65m7Id8IVJs7g
3. Start this file before you start Cakewalk, but in administrator mode.
4. Ready
5. In Cakewalk just mark a piece of audio and press either Shift+7,8,9 or 0 to change the gain of the selected piece.

It's faster than to do it with clipgain! 

Have fun;)

Bassman.

P.S. If it doesn't start, right click on the file and choose compile script and you get an exe file of the ahk file. Try to start this in administrator mode!

2018/11/14 04:17:10
user390096
Thanx for the details Bassman. I was away for a few days. I'll give this a try ASAP.
2018/11/14 04:59:46
user390096
Hmmm.... Nothing is happening. I installed the AutoHotkey program, then downloaded and think I installed/started the AHK file as administrator, then opened a song in Sonar, highlighted a little part of a wave and started hitting various combinations of [shift] and [7], as well as [shift] [+] [7]. I discovered I couldn't use the "7" at the top of the keyboard as holding shift down while hitting "7", gives me the "&" so I used the dedicated numeric section of my keyboard. I also tried the other numbers and have rebooted a few times but don't see it working.

Am I supposed to see some sort of program open as I don't see anything on screen after I supposedly open it? When I open it in Windows 10 as administrator, it asks me if I want to make changes, etc, I say OK, and then it appears to do something very quickly but I don't see that anything pops up letting me know it is running behind the scenes. I do see an icon for it along the taskbar in the "show hidden icons" section. Also, I do see it listed as a background process in the task manager. Is the icon a green square with a white capital H on it? Is that about all I'll see to let me know it's running?

Thanx for the help.
2018/11/14 09:25:45
Bassman002
HI:)

It's a green icon with an "H" in it, yes!

Can you look in your Preferences if you have Shift + "7" attached to anything else?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al2mKojzOW0Ml6lQNRufsNZ0K1dksQ

In this video you can see, if I press Shift + 7 (not the numeric pad) or Shift + "0" , the Gain of the wave increases or decreases fastly.

Another option:

Do you work with CbB or Splat? 

If you open the AHK File there's a line "If_WinActive...." . Here you can see in my file "Cakewalk.exe". Change this to Sonar.exe if you have Splat running.

Bassman.

2018/11/14 17:58:39
user390096
Shift+7 is unassigned in Preferences. I'm using Cakewalk by BandLab most recent update.

I tried shift+7 before I started AHK and nothing happens to verify it is "dead/unassigned". Then I close Cakewalk, then start AHK as administrator but when I highlight a wave section and hit [shift] + [7] on the numbers along the top of the keyboard it flashes very quickly, a little window from Cakewalk about "Go" and moves the now time cursor forward a few seconds. It flashes the "Go" screen for a very short time, maybe I can record a little video on my phone to show you what's happening. This same behavior was happening last night that's why I was using the numbers on my dedicated number pad. When I use the number pad it seems to move the mouse from track to track.

Also tried changing to Sonar.exe but still no success. I use a gaming keyboard from Logitec (G105) that has some hot-keys I've assigned to open up various programs but I never assigned anything to shift+7,8,9,0.

I'll try this on my laptop and see if it works.

Danke Sehr!

Bist du Deutscher? Ich sehe "aufnahme" in deinen video LOL. Diesen sommer habe ich Deutschland besucht.
Sehr heis und keine Klimaanlage! Aber Deutchland is sehr hubsch...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account