• SONAR
  • Fastest way to change gain of waveform? (p.2)
2018/11/14 19:35:35
Bassman002
I'm German,yes:) If you Open the Ahk file, you can See what is Happening, After you press Shift7. If presses alt+m and a few other Keys and Return at the end very fast to decrease or increase Gain. So If you See the Go Screen, there is something wrong! Perhaps we have to insert a few milliseconds between every key for you to work correct...? Would be the best If you make a Video! I'm not at home now, tomorrow Morning I can make you a Ahk which Makes every keystroke very Slow, so you can See, what is going wrong! But the keystrokes obviously work, perhaps not yet correct......
Bassman.
2018/11/14 20:42:12
user390096
Wunderbar! I'm a USA citizen with obvious high school german skills.

OK, if I have time today, I'll first try it on my laptop. If it still doesn't work, I'll try to make a video of what's going on.

Prost!
2018/11/14 22:54:07
GaryMedia
I had AutoHotKey in my Win7 machine with CbB. When I built the Win10 environment, I didn't re-install it, but went with customizing the newly-acquired Contour Shuttle Pro V2.

I have a button on the Contour that has the letter 'A' assigned in the CbB 'Keyboard Shortcuts' to Process-Apply-Effects-Gain which invokes the dialog box for the gain setting of whatever clip was selected.  Within the dialog box, I've built a bunch of presets for various values (e.g. -90dB, -12dB, -6dB,-3dB, -2dB, +2dB, +3dB, +6dB, +12dB, +15dB).

I find it to be pretty convenient.  In fact, the Contour has proven to be better for my workflow across a variety of products than any "real" control surface that I've had. (I had the Mackie Control Universal, and the Peavey/Cakewalk StudioMix).  

I now have a real aluminum knob glued to the jog wheel of the Shuttle that allows me to manipulate knobs of plug-in GUIs by flying the mouse/cursor over the GUI with my right hand, and turning the GUI-knob via the Shuttle knob. Cool...but the ProChannel remains enigmatically resistant to these strategies.
2018/11/15 07:38:28
user390096
Tried it on my laptop and it's not working but it does do the same exact wrong things, like show the "Go" screen for a tenth of a second or so. I made a video and will post it as soon as I figure out how to post it. I was able to watch the video frame-by-frame and it is definitely the "Go" box that splashes very quickly on screen.
2018/11/15 08:01:11
scook
The script appears not to use the US (English) menu. For example instead of
+7::
Send {Alt}m{Enter}g{Tab}-3{Tab 7}-3{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

for the US menu it should be
Send {Alt}p{Enter}g{Tab}-3{Tab 7}-3{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

IOW, the script needs to start by opening the Process menu.

Spend a few minutes with ahk help Tutorial (quick start) section. It may help you understand what is going on in the script. The Send command is "typing" keystrokes to CbB. You should be able to type the keystrokes manually and see what they do. There are repeat keys like {Tab 7} that send the Tab key 7 times.

In a default US install ALT+M is bound to "Set all selected track to Mute Status." This may explain why "g" (the 4th keystroke sent by the script) opens the "Go to Time" dialog, its default key binding.

2018/11/15 09:46:52
Bassman002
HI:)

scook is right, the problem is US Keyboard instead of GER keyboard here!

====================================
Send {Alt}m{Enter}g{Tab}-3{Tab 7}-3{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return
====================================

This is one of the commands:
Alt + m    is pressed, in the english version it should be "p", like scook wrote.

The rest should be the same. For sure you can delete the "+" , if you don't need Screensets 7-10, like I do. Don't have to press the Shift Key!

Could be a problem to press Alt and don't release it, so instead of {Alt} you can write {LAlt down}m or p {LAlt up}to release the Alt Key, but I think it must work without it....

Sometimes it is too fast and you can pause between the keys

Send {Alt}m
Sleep 100  (0.1 seconds)
Send {Enter}

Good Luck and if it doesn't work, please send a video....

Thanks to scook;)

Bassman.

2018/11/15 09:52:00
Bassman002
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al2mKojzOW0Ml5hMn65m7Id8IVJs7g

so here is the changed version for the english Cakewalk

Bassman
2018/11/15 14:08:11
user390096
Thanx for the keen eyes scook! Wow, good thing I saw Bassman's German track title. I had no idea there were German keyboards that were different from English. I know English keyboards don't have umlaut keys but I just read a method to create them. I guess you could even create autokeys for them.....lol

I'll give your suggestions a try.

Danke sehr
2018/11/15 14:33:20
pwalpwal
you can also set EN keyboards to be "International EN" which already gives you some quick shortcuts to umlauts, etc - ü is just double-quote followed by u, for example, so no need for other tools like autokeys...

table format screwed up so here's a link https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/306560/how-to-use-the-united-states-international-keyboard-layout-in-windows
2018/11/15 14:42:46
scook
It's not the keyboard but the menu text. The English Process menu opens with ALT+p is Modifizieren in German and opens with ALT+m.

CbB allows switching languages in Preferences when running as administrator.

For key combos like ALT+p instead of
Send {Alt}p{Enter}g{Tab}-3{Tab 7}-3{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

I use
Send !p{Enter}g{Tab}-3{Tab 7}-3{Tab 2}{Enter}
Return

and instead of slowing keystrokes or adding sleep to slow down a script, try using WinWait for the dialog name, although; I doubt this one needs to be slowed down.

Making guards like this
#IfWinActive, ahk_exe Cakewalk.exe

case insensitive like this
#If WinActive("ahk_exe i)Cakewalk.exe")

is a good idea too
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account