2016/05/07 05:41:35
cowboydan
Most tutorials everywhere you look are made in Pro Tools, Studio1,etc. I would very much like to see mixing tutorials from start to finish made using Sonar Platinum. I also think that if these tutorials are made then this would take away the confusion of watching other tutorials with other workflows and then trying to get these to work in Sonar.

I see a lot of requests made here on the site are asking for changes in Sonar that mimic other daws because it is interesting to do. I believe Sonar has it's own charme as to how it works but lacks the educational videos for actually mixing in Sonar.

2016/05/07 06:32:28
gswitz
There have been tons over the years, some be Craig even. They were mostly for sale. I might have bought them all. :-)

They become dated quickly though. The ideas from ten years ago still work but there are often little improvements to the workflow.

I'd wait for the Christmas sales and pick up a few off them.
2016/05/07 06:47:15
cowboydan
I am not talking about the small videos that are already on the site. What I mean is a full mixing tutorial from start to finish. Maybe a couple in different styles. Including a song to import and a complete mix of the song with the workflow in Sonar.
2016/05/07 10:23:57
robert_e_bone
I bought one for X2 by a company called SWA.  It has hours of videos (maybe 9), if memory serves.

SWA also has another one with a title like Sonar 2015 - can't recall the rest of it, but you could search for it or go to the SWA web site and see what they currently offer.

And aren't there a bunch of videos from Groove 3?

I'd look the links up for the above, but I have to head out the door.

Bob Bone

2016/05/07 10:43:33
TheMaartian
cowboydan
I am not talking about the small videos that are already on the site. What I mean is a full mixing tutorial from start to finish. Maybe a couple in different styles. Including a song to import and a complete mix of the song with the workflow in Sonar.

A chance to get this done might be finding a power SONAR user who is entering a mix competition like, e.g., PureMix,

http://www.puremix.net/zelab-mixing-contest.html

and get them to agree to having their mixing session(s) recorded for online delivery.
2016/05/07 12:01:28
cowboydan
Thanks for the info. I know other companies make videos once in a while, but now that we are long into Sonar Platinum I thought Cakewalk would pick up on this as an idea to help users with a couple of Full mix tutorials for their product.
2016/05/07 15:18:26
ampfixer
They seem to be in love with TH3 at the moment. My comment in that thread was to focus on Sonar video's and let the 3rd party folks advertise their own stuff.
2016/05/09 07:33:57
M@
Good point. Someone need help for TH3?..........please visit Cakewalk.com or watch one of our videos.
Seems strange.
2016/05/09 09:16:15
stevec
I dunno...    I found the video very useful. 
2016/05/10 07:32:14
cowboydan
My intention is to ask Cakewalk th mix a complete song using all the aspects of Sonar platinum. I know that there are some bakers who can mix.
There has only been one video in Groove 3 that used Sonar. I think it is about time that Cakewalk makes a video showing a song with 25 tracks in any style of music so that the new and intermediate (me) have an idea how cakewalk would set up a workflow and mix a complete song.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account