• Computers
  • Safe to install adobe flash on Sonar DAW? (p.3)
2017/02/21 11:00:59
robert_e_bone
Hi Tim - on any laptop or PC with WiFi - I always turn off or disable the WiFi prior to launching Sonar, because for some reason many WiFi devices cause REALLY bad DPC Latency Spikes, which can really interfere with audio playback - those issues vanish once the WiFi is disabled - on MY computers.

So - give that a shot - most times a laptop will have either a function key to turn off/on the WiFi transceiver, or there may be a physical switch - and if not, you could go into Windows Device Manager and just right-click on the WiFi driver and click on Disable, then launch Sonar.  When done with the Sonar session, turn WiFi back on, or enable the device, if needed - reversing whichever method you used to get WiFi shut off.

Bob Bone

2017/02/22 08:35:08
timidi
Thanks Bob. Yea, I usually pull out my USB internet dongle thingy when I get serious.
Pretty sure listening to Spotify without internet would not work so well:)

2017/02/22 14:05:39
abacab
timidi
So, I installed Chrome. Then, a bunch of hassles getting Spotify to work (the free version). 
Wow, I was suprised at how terrible the sound is.
Usually I just listen casually on my laptop and can't really hear good or bad.

320mp3 usually sounds pretty good to me but not this spotify stream.
What's up with that? 

Just use the Spotify web player in Chrome.   (Edit: I just tried in Firefox without Flash, and it worked.  They must have updated to HTML5)

https://play.spotify.com/
2017/02/23 06:50:03
metz
If you care one single bit about security you should avoid Flash at all costs. 
2017/02/23 09:36:29
abacab
... or any Microsoft browsers ... don't understand why they are bundling Flash with them lately ...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account