2015/01/20 18:01:30
Beepster
This is when the screen follows the Now Time smoothly through the project instead of the screen jumping ahead one screenshot at a time like we have now. Also options to have it automatically center for smoothscrolling upon playback or the alternate option of scrolling not activated until the Now Time reaches the center of whatever you are looking at (this for when your Now Time is off screen and you don't want it to center until it reaches what you are looking at).

I would also like options to position the scrolling focal point to other areas than the center like to the left or right of the screen so you can see more of what has just been played or what is coming up.

Pwetty pweeze. I'll be your friend. :-p
2015/01/20 18:13:03
Susan G
Beepster
This is when the screen follows the Now Time smoothly through the project instead of the screen jumping ahead one screenshot at a time like we have now. Also options to have it automatically center for smoothscrolling upon playback or the alternate option of scrolling not activated until the Now Time reaches the center of whatever you are looking at (this for when your Now Time is off screen and you don't want it to center until it reaches what you are looking at).

I would also like options to position the scrolling focal point to other areas than the center like to the left or right of the screen so you can see more of what has just been played or what is coming up.

Pwetty pweeze. I'll be your friend. :-p

Hi Beepster-

Absolutely! Voted with 5 stars.

-Susan
2015/01/20 18:29:27
Beepster
Thanks, Susan. My old DAW had this and it's one of the very few things I miss since I moved to Sonar. It makes editing and other general tasks sooooo much easier.

Cheers.
2015/01/21 19:06:22
...wicked
Digital Performer has had this since the 90's. I love it. It, along with Varispeed, are probably my top two desires.

2015/04/09 18:43:18
guitarfitch
Are there more scrolling controls besides on click behaviour. I've suddenly lost the ability to rewind to the beginning of the project. It goes to the beginning but my current screen stays where it is. 
2015/04/10 00:36:43
williamcopper
Voted!  
2015/04/10 01:21:41
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
+1 voted!
2015/04/10 04:14:26
lfm
I hate the pagebreaks too.
In Cubase I prefered the Now Time always centered and track view scrolled because of it, as a workaround.
In Sonar I don't have a workaround, other than scroll full project into view so there won't be a page break.

So getting 10% close to edge, start scrolling full track view. It need not be microstep scrolls, but would prefer that, but small enough for eye to easily follow. Make full scroll 20%, and let microstep till 10% - and repeat like that. Or maybe smaller numbers, 5% from edge make 10% scroll and microstep.
2015/04/10 06:00:46
Doktor Avalanche
I agree right now it's a PITA. Those who like the old method could set it in preferences.
2015/04/10 06:21:46
KPerry
Short term, can the Navigator view do what you want?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account