2015/09/07 23:40:22
monstaar888
guitarfitch
Are there more scrolling controls besides on click behaviour. I've suddenly lost the ability to rewind to the beginning of the project. It goes to the beginning but my current screen stays where it is. 

I've just started having this problem.
Have you found the solution yet?

I imagine it is some letter on the keyboard I inadvertently hit.
2015/09/08 18:47:19
backwoods
Good idea beepster
2015/09/11 11:04:40
Beepster
monstaar888
guitarfitch
Are there more scrolling controls besides on click behaviour. I've suddenly lost the ability to rewind to the beginning of the project. It goes to the beginning but my current screen stays where it is. 

I've just started having this problem.
Have you found the solution yet?

I imagine it is some letter on the keyboard I inadvertently hit.

This would happen when you disable the current scrolling feature. Press the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard to see if it fixes it. If not it's something else.

However on my system the scroll lock key is automatically disabled at start up (which is the default and makes the screen scroll) and I have to hit it every time I boot up. I actually find this behavior quite annoying because I always forget to turn it off and then I lose my place on screen first time I engage playback long enough for the Now Time to move offscreen.

Essentially since the Scroll Lock key is a hardware/operating system toggle much like the Num and Caps Lock keys Sonar will not follow the previous "Now Time Scroll" state from when you last saved. I'm sure I could figure out how to unbind it or maybe bind it to something else but it's one of those minor annoyances that I never get around to "correcting" because I'd rather spend my DAW time doing other stuff.

backwoods
Good idea beepster

Thanks but it's stolen from Steinberg actually... lol.
2015/10/26 03:22:41
LJB
I have had a few situations recently where I needed a conductor, voice artists or someone else to keep a close eye on the track view so that they can get a performance in sync with existing material.

Problem is, of course, that Sonar flips pages so to speak. I would LOVE to see an option where the cursor stays in the centre of the screen and the tracks scroll past continuously. I'm sure there are other great reasons to have this feature too - scrolling midi / piano roll etc.

Anyone else like this option?
2015/10/26 03:35:39
Lord Tim
Would love this!
2015/10/26 04:56:18
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
yes
2015/10/26 05:33:56
Doktor Avalanche
I think this has already been requested here and is one of the most popular requests.
2015/10/26 06:51:18
Tom Riggs
This would be very useful to me also.

I'm tending toward adding chords changes to follow in the staff view and the same "turn the page" thing bugs me as well.
2015/10/26 14:33:59
M@
+1
2015/10/26 19:42:00
...wicked
I think somewhere in this thread I've already said this but: Digital Performer has always had this feature, it's extremely helpful in a number of ways. I'd love to see it. I realize it's a little more intensive on the GPU but c'mon, other DAWs have had it since forever. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account