2015/12/09 14:25:01
Beepster
BobF
I apologize for giving the wrong impression.  The scroll is happening at screen center.  It's my capture window that was off center.  I was trying to balance the resulting clip size, demo of feature and anonymity of the software under the capture.

If there are detailed tweaks in this implementation I'm not aware of them.

Doesn't matter. Point still applies. Being able to move where the smooth scrolling occurs is massively useful.

Now time to the left means you can visually analyse waves ABOUT to be played.

Now time to the right means you can visually analyse waves that were JUST played.

Sorry... I went on a bit of a tear there.

That's (part of) what I was yammering about.

Cheers... and thanks for the graphic. It helped show my idea properly.
2015/12/09 14:34:44
mixmkr
Yeah....I like editing envelopes on the fly, and this would help.  Seems either Sound Forge or Adobe Audition did this too...or both.  Can't remember ....
2015/12/09 15:15:43
stevec
I like the idea of being able to manually set a "Scroll Center" location on the timeline.  Similar to the Aim Assist line but for a different purpose.  
2015/12/12 04:00:50
crystal20
Are there more scrolling controls besides on click behaviour. I've suddenly lost the ability to rewind to the beginning of the project. It goes to the beginning but my current screen stays where it is. 
2015/12/12 10:57:33
Lord Tim
Have you tried pressing the scroll lock button?
2015/12/18 23:49:33
ashtangakasha
+1

2015/12/19 04:50:53
John
I was under the impression that "smooth scrolling" and a stationary now time with the waveforms scrolling underneath were the same thing. That is what I was agreeing to. If its not please explain the difference.   
2015/12/24 14:43:56
Beepster
Lord Tim
Have you tried pressing the scroll lock button?

Hiya, Tim. I do... every danged time I boot up (very annoying keybinding for me since Scroll Lock is off by default in Windows).

Not the same thing though. "Smooth Scrolling" (or at least that's what I'v ebeen led to believe it's called) is when your Now Time stays at a fixed position on screen and the clips/waves/MIDI/etc flow past it "smoothly".

If you are familiar with Nuendo (or at least older versions of it and maybe Cubase) they have a smooth scrolling option like this.

Cheers.

John
I was under the impression that "smooth scrolling" and a stationary now time with the waveforms scrolling underneath were the same thing. That is what I was agreeing to. If its not please explain the difference.   

Naw, you got it.

There are many possible variants of this (like the fixed position of the Now Time on screen or whether the screen jumps to center on start or moves into view before scrolling, etc) but the basic idea is the data moves slowly from right to left onscreen past the Now Time Marker instead of the Now Time moving past the data behind it (and in the case of the default scrolling mechanism having the screen jump from section to section... which is absolutely useless to me).

Cheers.
2016/05/06 20:37:04
kevinwal
Thumbs up on this one!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account