2015/03/03 05:55:46
promidi
Hi guys

I was having a look at Sonar Platinum help file at the comparison charts for the various versions of Sonar. Under "Expansion Packs for Dimension Pro" there is listed the following as being available with Sonar Platinum:

Digital Sound Factory V2 Classic Keys
Hollywood Edge FX

The same information appears in the Cakewalk online documentation

Have I missed something as I cannot seem to find were I can get these from.  They are definitely not in my Dimension Pro list of patches.  Are these expansion packs that have to be purchased in addition to DP

Paul
2015/03/03 06:08:05
gswitz
I don't know the answer but I'm curious too.
2015/03/03 10:21:10
BobF
Ditto.  I know I had them installed at one point.  Just checked, nowhere to be found
2015/03/03 11:01:37
scook
The "Digital Sound Factory Classic Keys" and "Hollywood Edge FX" originally shipped on the SONAR 8.5 Producer Additional Content disk. Not sure if they were included in subsequent releases, may want to ask support about this. The Hollywood Edge FX included was never the full version, it was a three program sample of the library.
2015/03/03 11:45:18
BobF
I just tried to run setup on the 8.5 Additional Content disk.  No go ... says it can't find a valid Dim Pro installation even though Dim Pro is installed.

It would be nice to get these back.
2015/03/03 12:02:50
scook
It may be looking for the old DimPro path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro
instead of the new one
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\dp

Copying the new path to the old one may work.
2015/03/03 12:42:20
BobF
I find this interesting because it is an example of content available for a specific time, without its own installer.

The scenario I have here is exactly what folks have asked about in the new model.  I had a version that included extras.  I later built a new machine with a later version.  Now getting access to the content from the previous version is problematic.
2015/03/03 12:51:56
scook
I understand the reference. It is still accessible but there are some preconditions. I do not recall if it requires a partial installation of 8.5, the old DimPro registry or an old DimPro serial number. There was no way to foresee registry changes when the disks were created. I copied the data from my old machine so did not have to satisfy the Addition Content disk requirements.
2015/03/03 13:36:21
BobF
It 'feels' like the 'DirectXUtility' scenario to me.
2015/03/03 13:42:26
scook
This issue? https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013224/DirectX-9-Installation-Problems
I don't think so, that was a long time ago. I had no problem loading the 8.5 disk on Win7 for an advance install.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account