• Computers
  • Any Surface Pro 4 Users using Sonar here ? (p.2)
2016/01/15 14:47:47
artturner
Vastman
Untrue... try googling/reading manual...
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X3&language=3&help=Multitouch.html
im not at home now but this'll get cha started...

Yeah, looks like you can do almost anything except actually edit your tracks.
2016/01/19 23:35:16
JonD
I just stumbled onto this guy on YouTube.  He uses a Surface Pro for music production and gives a fairly detailed review of SP, as well as using it with DAWs like Studio One 3 and Bitwig.  His vids cover a lot of areas regarding new tech and music production: 

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoltenMusicTech/videos
2016/01/26 00:19:58
Vastman
Surface Pro is a great kit... as is their new laptop.  Biggest problem is memory constraints...but unless you're doing huge sample packages, U should be fine.  Some synths, like Diva can squash even my cpu so that's also a bit of a constraint but for most things, it's a great platform... get best cpu u can afford.

We're in amazing times!
2016/03/27 01:28:09
Geva
I have a surface pro 4 I7, 256 ssd, with 16 gb ram and I use a Roland quad capture. The biggest quark I have encountered is audio drop outs but its not a game stopper. I discovered through trial and error that it was only when I was not plugged in to ac power and running on battery. I haven't gone into the settings but I assume on battery that Sp4 has a hard time deciding what process gets priority and will drop the quads requirements, thus dropping the audio. Once I plugged it in as I usually do the drop outs stopped. I get perfect performance otherwise. With mine, no memory constraints and I love recording vocal with this set up as the noise floor is inaudible. I also have a tower pc, both windows 10, with 24 gb ram (overkill), both I7, but the Sp4 has a solid state ad I prefer it for recording. Haven't got to full mixing yet but I am assuming it will outperform slightly when plugged in. Hope this helps.
2017/02/02 16:51:30
Woodyoflop
I use Sonar Platinum on my Sp4 128gb i5 when away from the studio for light mixing and mastering. However I run into problems when I start using VSTs like Vocalsynth and nectar 2, stutter edit etc... basically anything real CPU hogging. I mean those even start to bog down my 6 core and 8 core set ups.but it's great for portable mixes and I even do tweaking on projects during my breaks while at school.
2017/02/03 11:13:37
patm300e
My Surface Pro 2 actually has a more powerful CPU than my main DAW computer!  My DAW is an older i3 with 16 GB RAM and My surface pro 2 is an i5 with 8G RAM.  I don't mix with the surface Pro, but it makes for a handy remote capture device!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account