2016/04/30 06:50:22
mjgray
I have recently downloaded and installed Dimension Pro, having followed, as far as I am aware, all the installation instructions carefully.  However I cannot make it appear in the soft synth drop down menu in SONAR X1.  I've even de-installed and re-installed it and can see it in my files under c:Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins where all the other soft synths are located.  I'm sure it's something simple and I expect a 'D'oh - of course' moment, but it's driving me nuts that all the other soft synths (e.g.Dimension LE) are usable from the insert synth drop down, but Dimension Pro isn't there.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.
2016/04/30 13:10:08
Wookiee
Have you tried doing a reset and rescan of your VSTi plugs.
Are you sure that the dll is installed in your VSTi scan path.
2016/05/01 08:36:19
mjgray
Thanks for the response Wookiee.  Yes I did reset and re-scan my VST plug ins, however didn't have the dll in the correct path.  I have moved it into this path but Pro is still not showing in SONAR X1.  Any other ideas please?

2016/05/01 13:48:06
Wookiee
Does it Work Standalone?

Did you do another reset and rescan after you moved the dll?

On my machine the Multi-samples etc appear to be installed here C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

The Dll and the exe are installed here C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Dimension Pro

I would also check the registry to see if it has register properly and is installed where the machine thinks it is.
May be better to just add the path in the plugin manager then to move the dll.
2016/05/03 10:14:25
mjgray
Thanks.  I've de-installed and re-installed to the same paths as you have given (which is what the install defaults to anyway), but when I look at the properties of the plug ins I already have via Cakewalk Sound Centre inX1 (e.g. Rapture) they seem to be in Program Files (X86).  Anyway, re-installing them doesn't seem to have resolved the issue.  In your setup, does Dimension Pro appear under Cakewalk Sound Centre in the Insert Synth dropdown, or does it appear as a separate option?  Afraid I'm not particularly technical and really just want the Garritan Pocket  Orchestra module from Dim Pro.  Thanks.
2016/05/07 09:00:13
Wookiee
Sorry been away yesterday.

Are you running a 32 bit system? and what OS are you using?

I use a custom list for my vst's so I can not say regarding order in the list.
2016/05/09 05:54:11
mjgray
Hi Wookiee - no problem and thanks for responding.  I'm running a 64 bit system on Windows 10, but using four year old SONAR X1 Essential software.  Perhaps I need to consider an upgrade to Professional or Platinum
2016/05/10 13:15:45
Wookiee
mjgray
Hi Wookiee - no problem and thanks for responding.  I'm running a 64 bit system on Windows 10, but using four year old SONAR X1 Essential software.  Perhaps I need to consider an upgrade to Professional or Platinum

Well I have to say an upgrade would probably blow your mind.  I have used all of the X series releases, X1 was not the most stable of versions, X2 made some improvements, X3 was a huge step forward and Sonar 2015/16 is just another big step with some great new toys.

Why not download the trial version this link gets you a page that lets you download the Cakewalk Command Centre and you can pick what version you wish to try.
2016/05/11 10:24:05
mjgray
This seems to have solved the problem - I downloaded the demo version of Platinum and Dim Pro is right there where I expected it to be.  Also Miroslav Philharmonik2 which I was also unable to link to SONAR X1 is available and usable with Platinum, so I will now invest in an upgrade.  Many thanks for your help.
2016/05/13 06:03:22
Wookiee
Pity we could not solve the problem in X1 but if you do upgrade I think you will be impressed.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account