2016/05/05 17:50:33
magek
My request, in its simplest form, is to add the ability to have more than one Loop selection defined in a project. To make that effective, you'd also have to add the ability to define the number of iterations of a Loop selection so the first Loop selection would stop looping in order to get to the next, then to the next, etc.

Further enhancements on that idea:
- Activate/enable each instance of a Loop selection rather than ALL Loop selections activated/enabled by a single UI element (toggle)
- Once you get that functionality, the next logical enhancement is Track-specific Loop selections

Basically, refactor the single instance of the current Loop functionality into a collection of Loop[].

Thanks for your ears and eyes.

[EDIT]: I'll work with the Matrix View as a potential work-around
2016/05/06 01:37:18
mettelus
Matrix View comes to mind for me as the most suitable "final home" for this, but definitely needs some sprucing up to get there. The ability to declare "# of loops" per column would be a nice tool for "final prints" of tracks without having to trigger them in real time. That would also be an incredible way to help song writing, since another "non-looped" track could be recorded "hands free" during the composition phase. Additionally, one can MIDI-fire Matrix View columns as they go.

My only concern with the OP is that if looping the "track view" then it would be impossible to actually record a (contiguous) full-length track to go along with the playback; i.e., each loop would create a separate take, and impossible (currently) to say "take 1 for loop 1, etc."

Can you elaborate on how you would employ this (live playback only, recording, etc.)?

2016/05/06 14:12:44
magek
mettelus

Can you elaborate on how you would employ this (live playback only, recording, etc.)?

Two very simplistic examples:
1. live - playing in a band, our normal set calls for a song with a background vocal clip loop to repeat a chorus twice at the end, but tonight, the lead singer gets spontaneous and signals to repeat the chorus 3 more times... so I increase the bg vocal loop selection iteration by 3.

2. recording - this is really more creation than recording, as that would not need to be as flexible, if at all, unless I'm recording a jam band. But as a creation example, I have a 1 measure drum clip looped 8 times for a verse, then another 1 measure drum clip looped 8 times for a chorus, but I have an idea I want to try, so I increase the chorus loop selection repeat by 1 so I can try my idea before moving to the bridge.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account