2016/05/17 07:02:37
Briankw
Can you create your own drum kit for Session Drummer 3.  I see you can purchase your own kits, and modify some existing but what if I want to use my own samples and create my own drum kit and access this created kit within the program browser. Is it possible to do this?

2016/05/17 08:05:21
promidi
You can use the Sonar browser function to list your drum samples and then drag individual samples from that list onto the pieces of the Session Drummer 3 drum kits.
2016/05/17 08:36:17
scook
Yes, kits can be created from your own samples in two ways.
  1. Assign a sample to an instrument/pad. This is the easiest method. Either Drag and drop the sample to the instrument/pad or right-click the instrument/pad and use the insert instrument dialog to load the sample. The disadvantage to this method is Session Drummer will only play 12 samples, one per instrument/pad.
  2. Create sfz files for each instrument/pad. This will allow creation of kits just like the ones used by Session Drummer. The plug-in ships with quite a few sfz files which can be copied and modified to use other samples. Sfz files are text files which can be viewed/edited with notepad or any text editor. Or use a tool like SFZ Designer or sfZed. While more work, it allows using Session Drummer to the fullest.
2016/05/17 08:40:08
Briankw
Thanks, I will give this a try.

Keith

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account