• SONAR
  • Mackie Control update
2017/04/03 01:42:52
Dickie Fredericks
Dated last year. Should I assume I don't need this update because I am up to date on Sonar? 
I tried to update but it said " The Shared Control Surface folder was not found on your computer..."

Told me Sonar might not be installed right? Hmmm
2017/04/03 08:17:40
azslow3
If you mean:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2005263/Mackie-control-surface-Plug-in
Only post is dated 2016. The file itself is from 2005 (I have just installed it to check).

If you want (nonofficial) update, install http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,341.0.html
Also in case you know something you want change, let me know.
2017/04/03 09:03:26
c5_convertible
Just a small question here.. Is it normal that I have to install (well, I copy it - made a copy of the folder and put it on my desktop) azslow's (mackie) dll every time I update sonar?  Or is it just me?
Azslow... Can't you convince cakewalk to put your dll's in place of the original ones? They work better...
2017/04/03 09:34:26
azslow3
c5_convertible
Azslow... Can't you convince cakewalk to put your dll's in place of the original ones? They work better...

I prefer to spend my time making modifications, developing new tools and helping concrete people. Do you think i should spend it to "convince" someone?
Modified version is a branch from the original code, also on GitHub. There is no technical nor license problems to include it into official release. But that is up to Cakewalk to do so.

2017/04/03 11:13:39
c5_convertible
You're right... Continue the good work... :)

I'll see if I can convince them... :)
Here it goes: Noel or anyone else from Cake... Please include the modified dll instead of the "original" one... !
Pretty please?
2017/04/08 12:45:39
Dickie Fredericks
Thank you for the replies. I apologize for not getting back sooner. It seems a year or so ago I asked about support for the Mackie Control and no one seemed to know of any update regarding the pro channel stuff not working with the Mackie. Seems we now have a solution even if not "official"? 

Wonderful! I will give it a go even though I usually use the SSL channels.

Thanks again.
2017/04/08 13:02:01
azslow3
At the moment only EQ and Comp will work in ProChannel.
I have a plan to update Mackie preset for AZ Controller in scope of X-Touch (color X-Touch display according to the Sonar strip colors, with direct networking). Once done it should supersede MackieControl and allows complete ProChannel operations (and Soft Synth control as well),
2017/04/08 17:51:13
Dickie Fredericks
azslow3
At the moment only EQ and Comp will work in ProChannel.

That in itself is pretty awesome IMO.
2017/04/08 18:38:54
Dickie Fredericks
I hit the configure button and the XT's say use vpot 1 to select the tracks to control. Problem is they either control the same tracks as the MCU or they control nothing. Im following the help file but it doesnt work. Nothing displays on the mcu or xt while turning the vpot.

*edit* nevermind. I figured it out. Too many turns of the vpot.
2018/11/16 07:52:56
Astra-Ios
Hi
I tried to update but it said " The Shared Control Surface folder was not found on your computer…"

same issue here…

kind regards
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account