• SONAR
  • [FIXED] Disable BandLab Assistant at Windows Startup?
2018/04/04 17:33:21
Rasure
Is it possible to prevent BandLab assistant from automatically starting up with windows (win 7 here) I did disable it in CCCleaner but it keeps restarting itself. The reason why, it seems to be taking over my ASIO device, when opening Cakewalk or Studio One it keeps saying my output is in use? Happens when you click on the "Sounds" tab in the app.

UPDATE: This issue is now fixed with App version 3.0.6

2018/04/04 17:51:27
stratman70
I got the option to cancel auto start when I first launched it. Win 8.1x64.

Does right clicking on the icon in the taskbar give you any options? NOPE, tried it.

But you can always use the old fashion way and delete the shortcut from the start up folder. It is a hidden folder so you have to unhide, et, etc. When I had Win 7 I actually kept a shortcut to the start up folder avaulable for this very reason.
HTH
2018/04/04 18:00:56
pwalpwal
maybe msconfig has a clue?
2018/04/04 18:07:51
Rasure
Thank you, nothing in startup folder, it`s a registry entry. But even if deleted or disable from msconfig, as soon as I open the app again it adds the automatic startup back. 
2018/04/04 18:20:42
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Hi Rasure,

Will pass on the request. Is windows set to use your main audio device? If so BA would try and use that and if your device doesn't support sharing ASIO will say its in use. An easy workaround is to assign Windows to your onboard audio device.
2018/04/04 18:23:15
Rasure
Thanks Noel :-) Yes, I have my on board device disabled. 
2018/04/05 13:49:23
DonyaQuick
I'm on Windows 10 and would like to second the request for a way to disable automatic startup from a settings menu or something similar. I saw no such option when I installed the app or ran it for the first time. Bandlab assistant just started automatically by default for me, and there is no way to disable it through traditional means on my OS (task manager's startup list, startup folder, etc.). For faster booting, I disable anything that isn't essential for startup and then manually start things if/when I want to use them. In addition to a slight slowdown, I also get the window popping up in the middle of the screen when I might be trying to do something else immediately after switching the machine on. There needs to be a way to easily choose whether Bandlab starts up automatically or manually. 
2018/04/05 14:04:29
bluebeat1313
+1
2018/04/05 14:21:41
Meng
This is coming in the latest update to BA (if not there already) -
we were testing the build today! Wasn't possible to finish in time for day 1.
2018/04/05 14:27:02
Meng
Not there yet, next update :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account