• SONAR
  • [FIXED] Disable BandLab Assistant at Windows Startup? (p.2)
2018/04/05 14:50:00
Rasure
Thank Meng, great work so far! 
2018/04/06 05:43:21
Steve_Karl
Windows 7 64 bit here

msconfig is the way to stop it.
2018/04/06 05:48:01
Larry Jones
I'm on Windows 10 and I have this irritating little problem, too. If I can't figure out a way to stop it, I will uninstall the Bandlab app. You can just visit the website, so who needs the assistant? Or am I missing something?
2018/04/06 06:01:40
Steve_Karl
Larry Jones
I'm on Windows 10 and I have this irritating little problem, too. If I can't figure out a way to stop it, I will uninstall the Bandlab app. You can just visit the website, so who needs the assistant? Or am I missing something?

In Win10 it's in the task manager > startup tab
2018/04/06 06:27:14
Kamikaze
Steve_Karl
Larry Jones

In Win10 it's in the task manager > startup tab

Apparenty this resets to 'start' when yu pen the app again. BandLab are to address in the next BA release. IN the Software forum they've said there is an update to BA, but I dn't know if this addresses it yet.

2018/04/06 06:43:38
promidi
It's located in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

The entry is called "BandLab Assistant.app"

However, as has been noted in previous posts, there will be an option to configure this.
2018/04/06 10:21:20
PH68
I'm amazed that it's not given an option to not open on start up.
If it isn't sorted very soon I can see quite a few folks getting rather annoyed with it.
2018/04/06 10:32:57
pwalpwal
rushing to market, didn't think it all the way through? although i'd say right now they have as much time as they need to get stuff right first go
2018/04/06 12:48:10
tunedeaf
Autoruns is a program I've used for years to handle startup apps.

Run as Administrator, select the "Logon" tab and un-check anything you don't want to start automatically. The program gives easy access to a lot of other settings as well. I haven't installed BandLab Assistant yet so I can't say with certainty that it will persist for this app but I assume it would.

https://docs.microsoft.co...als/downloads/autoruns
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account