• SONAR
  • [FIXED] Disable BandLab Assistant at Windows Startup? (p.5)
2018/04/07 08:44:36
Kev999
stratman70
...When you open bandlab asst it will now tell you there is an update. It installs it...

Mine didn't display anything or offer any way of updating itself. I had to download and install the update manually.
2018/04/07 09:21:16
Rasure
All working well and good here with app version 3.0.6. I've edited the title to reflect that its fixed. Thank you :-) 
2018/04/07 09:41:36
quietman
glad to see the app has an update checker now...however, it seems that it still adds itself into startup...maybe 3.0.6 resolves this issue..
2018/04/07 10:00:05
Rasure
quietman
glad to see the app has an update checker now...however, it seems that it still adds itself into startup...maybe 3.0.6 resolves this issue..

Yes 3.0.6 adds an option to disable at startup, check first post in this thread I`ve added a image. I`ve tried and it works as expected on WIN 7 anyway. 
2018/04/07 11:36:11
Lord Tim
dappa1
You guys having hiccups already. Doesn't look good, I think I will pass on Cakewalk for bandlab. It's Freeware. Not interested!
Also was disappointed with the name. No effort was put into that cakewalk by bandlab lol too many syllables. You know whats going to happen to this free ware?

So the early release version of the software is finding its feet just several days in on its initial release, and you don't like a name which already has a strong brand presence associated with this product. None of those things are any kind of surprise. The former is expected, and the latter is actually a very smart marketing idea.

This app, except for the extra plugins that came with Platinum, is a full featured DAW that's worth hundreds of dollars that people can now use for free. I don't get the "it's free, it's crap" mentality here. If you had SPLAT, you have 99.9% in it that works fine with CbB. If you didn't, you have 85% of what was in it - for free. It's a no-brainer, unless you've already written it off regardless. Why are you still here if a competitor's product is so far superior?
2018/04/07 13:52:02
risu
As a side note, why doesn't the Bandlab Assistant remember your login details? I disabled the automated launch but even if I didn't do that, I sure wouldn't enter my bandlab login details each time I opened my computer...
2018/04/07 14:59:36
Rasure
risu
As a side note, why doesn't the Bandlab Assistant remember your login details? I disabled the automated launch but even if I didn't do that, I sure wouldn't enter my bandlab login details each time I opened my computer...

Yeah, that would be handy, rather like Waves Central does :-)
2018/04/07 19:16:55
Steve_Karl
Rasure
Is it possible to prevent BandLab assistant from automatically starting up with windows (win 7 here) I did disable it in CCCleaner but it keeps restarting itself. The reason why, it seems to be taking over my ASIO device, when opening Cakewalk or Studio One it keeps saying my output is in use? Happens when you click on the "Sounds" tab in the app.

UPDATE: This issue is now fixed with App version 3.0.6

Thanks for letting me know!
2018/04/09 14:33:23
Rasure
risu

Actually I just tried this, if you just "quit" the app rather than "sign out" it seems to remember your details.
2018/04/10 14:30:22
iRelevant
dappa1
You guys having hiccups already. Doesn't look good, I think I will pass on Cakewalk for bandlab. It's Freeware. Not interested!
Also was disappointed with the name. No effort was put into that cakewalk by bandlab lol too many syllables. You know whats going to happen to this free ware?

I think to have hiccups are the norm when launching new SW since forever. A lot of great ideas and SW have come out of Freeware/Shareware. Even Fruity L00ps was launched as Shareware back in the day. CB isn't Freeware though, more like DonationWare. 

The name Cakewalk by BandLab, or CB (Maybe CB^2) for short is perfect ... and logical. 

I think it is grand to launch it costless, as this will give people regardless of their means access to the DAW. Personally I will be making a donation towards the development, somewhat limited because of current economic situation ... but an ocean is made up of many small drops ... and I will give what I can.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account