• SONAR
  • [FIXED] Disable BandLab Assistant at Windows Startup? (p.6)
2018/04/10 22:34:44
iRelevant
tunedeaf
Autoruns is a program I've used for years to handle startup apps.

Run as Administrator, select the "Logon" tab and un-check anything you don't want to start automatically. The program gives easy access to a lot of other settings as well. I haven't installed BandLab Assistant yet so I can't say with certainty that it will persist for this app but I assume it would.

https://docs.microsoft.co...als/downloads/autoruns

Thanks a lot for this link. With this utility I was able to solve the problem. 
The v3.0.6 update to BandLab Assistant did not work for me. Despite selecting
"Disable on Startup" it had no effect on reboot. 

I'm on a Win7x64 SP1 System for those interested. The splat screen is a turnoff, 
when it can not be disabled ... CB get bad PR because of this over on the Fruity Loops
Forum. A place where some people are wondering about how to best record their guitars
into FLS. Future users are being lost.
2018/04/10 22:39:43
iRelevant
Rasure
All working well and good here with app version 3.0.6. I've edited the title to reflect that its fixed. Thank you :-) 

It's not fixed for me ... and I'm running under Win7x64 Pro SP1. Turning on or off makes no difference. I needed to use the utility referred to by "tunedef" to get things sorted. Not good. I seen it is a deal breaker for some checking out the release.
2018/04/10 23:33:54
Thatsastrat
It does not work for me either on a windows 10 home laptop. This is annoying but I can wait for a fix.
2018/04/11 09:13:27
BRainbow
Me too. Version 3.0.6  auto launches on boot regardless of the "Disable/Enable launch on startup" setting.
2018/04/11 14:12:10
Rasure
Yes can confirm, it`s still broken. I thinks it`s because I initially deleted the startup registry entry and disable startup. If you enable startup again, restart, then disable startup, it doesn't remove the registry entry. Quick fix for now: If you disable startup then remove the registry entry, it wont run at startup. 
2018/04/11 17:46:13
Studioguy1
Thaks for addressing this.  I thought it was a quirk in just my system, until I read this thread.  But then, that is why this forum is so valuable.  duh.  thanks guys.
2018/04/11 20:04:56
Cactus Music
Hmm, I didn't do anything and it never pops up for me anymore. It did at first but now it's gone.. it must like me :)  I'll have to check the version when I get home, possibly my dog has been using my computer again. 
2018/06/18 17:16:11
DavidBodhi
For what it's worth, if anyone runs into the problem again, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, System Configuration, Startup and uncheck BandLab Assistant.

I'm running Win7 and doing the above stopped the assistant from launching on startup.
2018/11/15 01:37:49
Jesse G
Steve_Karl
Windows 7 64 bit here

msconfig is the way to stop it.

+1  it works.

Right click the start button.
click run.
type "msconfig" and click OK.
Select the Startup Tab and click Task Manager link inside.
Click BandLab Assistant and select the "Disable" button in the lower right corner of the screen.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account