2018/06/23 17:23:28
Keni
Hi Gang...

This is once again eluding me...
Once upon a time I managed to add some dx plugins to CD Architect, but for the life of me I can't seem to do so again...

The plugin selecvtor show a folder system of Audio/shared plugins etc, but I can't locate this folder on my computer even in appdata/roaming... and I see no method in the plugin shooser itself.

Anyone out there still using this relic? I would appreciate any ideas...

Thanks!

2018/06/24 21:16:55
Jesse G
Keni
Hi Gang...

Once upon a time I managed to add some dx plugins to CD Architect, but for the life of me I can't seem to do so again...

The plugin selecvtor show a folder system of Audio/shared plugins etc, but I can't locate this folder on my computer even in appdata/roaming... and I see no method in the plugin shooser itself.

Thanks!

Keni,

Try,

Local Disk C: > Program Files (x86) > Sony >Shared Plug-Ins > Audio

If you don't see it there, then try, 
Local Disk C: > Program Files (x86) > Sony >CD Archotech 5.2 > FileIO Plug-Ins

The plug ins may be located there.
2018/07/10 00:02:25
Keni
Jesse G
Keni
Hi Gang...

Thanks!

Thanks Jesse...

Yes, i have both of those locations. The first has 3 dll's
Sfpack1
Sfpack2
Sfpack3

The second lication seems to have discrete folders for a number of somewhat cryptic names.

None of these ring a bell for me and if I go to load a plugin, my liet contains some i obviously must have added, but they're not in these folders?

Am i correct that CD Architecht only supports 32bit dx plugins?

Do you know? If I place a copy of a registered dx, need i register the new copy as well?

Old program.... a bit archaic, yes?

Keni,

Try,

Local Disk C: > Program Files (x86) > Sony >Shared Plug-Ins > Audio

If you don't see it there, then try, 
Local Disk C: > Program Files (x86) > Sony >CD Archotech 5.2 > FileIO Plug-Ins

The plug ins may be located there.
2018/07/10 00:14:23
scook
32bit DX plug-ins only run in 32bit hosts and 64bit DX plug-in only run in 64bit hosts. CDA is a 32bit host. Part of the process of registering a DX plug-in writes the path to the plug-in in the registry. 32 and 64bit DX plug-ins use different part of the registry. As a result, the actual location of a plug-in does not matter, The host will find its plug-ins based on the registered paths.
2018/07/10 00:14:23
scook
32bit DX plug-ins only run in 32bit hosts and 64bit DX plug-in only run in 64bit hosts. CDA is a 32bit host.

32 and 64bit DX plug-ins use different areas of the registry. 

Part of the process of registering a DX plug-in writes the path to the plug-in in the registry. As a result, the actual location of a plug-in does not matter, The host will find its plug-ins based on the registered paths. If a plug-in is moved, it must be re-registered to update the path.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account