• Software
  • Orange Tree Samples Group Buy (p.2)
2018/07/07 20:04:30
Rbh
Note to all : The group buy hit its top tier of 60% discount - you can download the purchases.
2018/07/08 16:59:51
bitflipper
Jaco bass currently flying through the ether to my waiting arms...now I just have to be strong and not pick up 2 or 3 more.
2018/07/08 20:12:25
bwbalint
bitflipper
Jaco bass currently flying through the ether to my waiting arms...now I just have to be strong and not pick up 2 or 3 more.

If it helps, just know that Jaco Bass found its way onto my hard drive, along with 3 of the others.  
2018/07/08 22:10:07
bitflipper
Three other basses? Good, that means you also got the best one (that would be the Rickenbacker).

4 hours after downloading, I've just completed my first Jaco track. I cheated, as I already had the track recorded, using Trilian's fretless bass. Just had to go through and replace keyswitches and it's done. To get a similar tone, I used the plucked nki with neck pickup and a simple TH3 setup. Didn't care for the built-in amp sims.

The slide feature was a little disappointing, as that was my main reason for buying the instrument. Not a slam on Mr. Schlaepfer, though - nobody else has yet mastered bass slides in any other Kontakt instrument, AFAIK. Still, Jaco will be getting a lot of use here.
2018/07/09 00:00:22
bwbalint
Oh, not 3 other basses, but three other different instruments! I, too, am done for this month! I will take another look at the other basses with the next sale.
2018/07/10 08:36:23
Royal Yaksman
bitflipper
The slide feature was a little disappointing, as that was my main reason for buying the instrument. Not a slam on Mr. Schlaepfer, though - nobody else has yet mastered bass slides in any other Kontakt instrument, AFAIK. Still, Jaco will be getting a lot of use here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu8ybSUTuVs

^Watch from 6:55 for portemento slides and 7:40 shows some of the fx slides.
2018/07/10 10:04:26
Glyn Barnes
bitflipper

I have been hoping Greg will revisit this library at some stage, its certainly a nice one but could be improved. My other option is Ilya Eftimov,s fretless which I got in a fire sale way back, its different enough to be complimentary but I think Jacko has it beat.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account