2010/06/16 10:41:42
tarsier
Dude, you are a cholesterol dealer.

I didn't say to eat it every day!

And we've got a couple of Five Guys burger places here. They're good, but the default burger is two 1/4 pound patties.  Too much for me, I go for the "Little Cheeseburger" which is only one quarter pound patty.  (that's LITTLE?!?) And their standard order of fries is huge too. It lasts me three meals. They will reheat pretty well in the oven, as long as you sprinkle some bacon fat on them.

2010/06/16 11:11:32
Bristol_Jonesey
philz

Bristol_Jonesey

My heart has to work a little harder to pump blood, but, hey, I think of it as... okay my heart is like going to the gym to work out.  It's strong.  I mean, that sucker is strong.  Sometimes I can hear it pounding (midi synch, natch)... or maybe that was the kick drum??? 

i know this is the Coffee House - but if you're going to give out advice, at least make it GOOD advice.

The other side to your story is that you probably suffer from extremely high blood pressure (Hyper Tension) and are probably well on your way to your first heart attack.
Geez, Jonesey, what happened to the famous British love for wit, irony and glib humor?   I dare say that you may be flying solo if you took that post seriously.  FWIW- The greatest determinants for risk of heart attack are genetic factors and obesity, and I am fortunate enough to not have either of those markers.  If those aren't enough to save me, and I become the first person in my family ever to suffer a heart attack, at least I'll die or be infirmed happy.

In reality, while not without my share of 'bad' habits and vices, I do eat a fairly healthy and nutritious diet, and haven't had anything from MacDonald's in several years.  I simply refuse to become a slave to the latest perceived psuedo-scientific evidence as espoused on Oprah, 'health' magazines and other dubious venues, as such things have been shown to change more frequently than not.  Medicine, it would seem, is a fickle and imprecise science.

Sorry if you mistook my post for advice, and I will give due consideration to being less sardonic in future posts.

Sorry Phil, I was having a bit of a bad day. (bad week actually)

Keep up the humour - I could use it!
2010/06/16 12:01:02
philz
Bristol_Jonesey

philz

Bristol_Jonesey

My heart has to work a little harder to pump blood, but, hey, I think of it as... okay my heart is like going to the gym to work out.  It's strong.  I mean, that sucker is strong.  Sometimes I can hear it pounding (midi synch, natch)... or maybe that was the kick drum??? 

i know this is the Coffee House - but if you're going to give out advice, at least make it GOOD advice.

The other side to your story is that you probably suffer from extremely high blood pressure (Hyper Tension) and are probably well on your way to your first heart attack.
Geez, Jonesey, what happened to the famous British love for wit, irony and glib humor?   I dare say that you may be flying solo if you took that post seriously.  FWIW- The greatest determinants for risk of heart attack are genetic factors and obesity, and I am fortunate enough to not have either of those markers.  If those aren't enough to save me, and I become the first person in my family ever to suffer a heart attack, at least I'll die or be infirmed happy.

In reality, while not without my share of 'bad' habits and vices, I do eat a fairly healthy and nutritious diet, and haven't had anything from MacDonald's in several years.  I simply refuse to become a slave to the latest perceived psuedo-scientific evidence as espoused on Oprah, 'health' magazines and other dubious venues, as such things have been shown to change more frequently than not.  Medicine, it would seem, is a fickle and imprecise science.

Sorry if you mistook my post for advice, and I will give due consideration to being less sardonic in future posts.

Sorry Phil, I was having a bit of a bad day. (bad week actually)

Keep up the humour - I could use it!
No worries on this end, Jonesey, we've all had 'em!
Hope the next few are better!
2010/06/16 12:08:19
Fog
http://www.channel4.com/f...urself-thin/index.html

she was cute.. till I saw she had some big **** angel wings tatoo on her back

but she does give less lardy alternatives..

a lot of things you buy to cook are in family packs .. which is a PITA.. so say mince etc. you can free half or you can cook a batch of things , and freeze them, re-heat far later.

but even things like markets you can get fruit / veg in single numbers

2010/06/16 13:32:26
spacey
What's the best : "FAST FOOD" recipe's that you can offer?
Thoughts?
Bobby

Bobby, I'm married and I don't cook, don't like to cook, won't cook and wouldn't
cook if I were single. I would hire a cook.

But I will make a sandwich. I made one not a week ago. It was peanut butter
and a very good grape jelly. I had a few wavy chips with it and it was very good.
I spread the peanut butter evenly and covered the slice of whole wheat grain
bread completely. I spread the jelly exactly the same way. No butter or jelly
ever "leaked" out of the sandwich and every bite was an even mix.
It didn't take but a couple of minutes to make it so that was very fast food.

I also make a good roast beef sandwich. I slice the roast beef evenly and I like
to spread mustard thin on both slices of bread. I remember once I put a slice
of cheese on too. The trick to that sandwich is trimming the beef. Nice clean slices
with no fat or grissle. Sometimes crisp lettuce, sometimes no.

A bumblebee white tune sandwich is very good too. I like to include sweet relish,
diced onion, small dices of apple and Miracle whip, not mayo, and not much of the whip.
Just enough to know it's there. Spread evenly and cover the bread completely, cover
with crisp lettuce and enjoy.

Well that just about cover's everything I know about my fast food recipe's...or
fixing food in general.

Oh yeah...I can also make a fried ham sandwich that is killer...but I hate
frying the ham so it's a rare one. That reminds me...I make a great turkey
sandwich but that's only after my wife cooks one of those butterball ones.
That one will make you take a nap.

Well I don't know if any of this helps Bobby but it's really all I can offer.
And the secret to these sandwiches is just don't make them very often. I
know I don't.

2010/06/16 13:34:38
bapu
MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sammiches!
2010/06/16 13:37:16
bapu
My sammiches lately are P-Nut-Butter-N-(low carb)Tortillas. 1/2 butter, 1/2 P-Butter, folded.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
2010/06/16 13:41:24
UbiquitousBubba
One treat I make for myself (since others have more sense) is Shaved Whale Surprise.

Spread cream cheese on toasted raisin bread (I prefer organic)
Slather on a significant amount of peanut butter (I prefer creamy)
Spread on your favorite jelly (I go with either Apple or Grape)
Sprinkle on a few additional rasins (or a lot)
Layer 2 - 3 slices of crisp, hot bacon (yes, bacon)
Top with a slice of cheese (cheddar is good, but I like American)
Serve open faced.

My kids ask me, "Shaved Whale Surprise?"
I answer, "I would think that would surprise the whales".
2010/06/17 00:36:03
Freeze 1st
Thanks for the Advice everyone. Lol, I need a SINGLE WOMAN WHO CAN COOK!!!!!!!!!! AND I NEED HER NOW!!!!!!!!

I'm only kidding.

I guess my diet is a bit strange for a 42 year old, I happen to like Beans, and Turnip Greens are one of my favorites. I love Vegetable soup,

Although I can't figure it out, I have gotten to where I hate baked potatoes, but I like those quick microwave french fries. Maybe they have MSG's in them or something, not sure.

I also like Salad foods. For the most part I eat healthy according to most news reports. Although I do have my occasional B-B-beef or steak. Lol, Sorry, that "B-B-Beef" comment was something I remembered from the movie Back to the Future 2, where Michael J. Fox goes into the Cafe 80's and the computer screen say's : We have B-B-Beef".

Either way, I am shocked this subject has brought about such interest.

LOL, hey here's an old Joke : "Do you know why they call it fast food"????????????

Answer : "Because it speeds you on your way to the grave!!!!!".......

Bobby

2010/06/17 16:02:13
spindlebox
I'm a chef and one of the quickies I like to make, that's delicious is

TACOS!!

Mmmmmmm.  Tacos (Homer Simpson voice)

I always use 93% lean ground beef (or the leanest I can), and use just plan 'ol corn tortillas that I throw in the microwave to steam.  A fresh avocado a couple fresh jalapenos, some fresh diced tomato and spring mix and I'm good to go.  Sometimes, to make more of a meal, I'll make some mexican rice and black beans to go with.

Light, healthy and the kids love 'em.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account