2016/09/26 16:56:45
AT
No, SONAR ain't as simple or as elegant as P5.  Still, SONAR does everything that I need (and more!).  I feel no need to put it on my main writing computer.  But it was very cool back then, with the built-in high quality synths and a simple methodology to record/edit them. 
2016/11/01 11:40:43
ecamburn
Late to the party. I have no reason to post except for nostalgia.   

It's telling that passionate users still post here so many years after P5 was discontinued.  I have a soft spot in my heart for P5.  I made my first complete song in it, and much of what I know about production was developed using P5 and talking to the generous folks on this forum. Sadly, most of those folks appear to have moved on.

It's been said many times on here, but if you like P5's workflow, you might like Ableton Live.  That's where I landed.  In some ways I think P5 v2 was trying to emulate Live's session view.  Live is obviously way more fully featured than P5 which makes it a little more complex to navigate. But, one of the things people love most about Live is the streamlined workflow, just like P5.   

Good to hear P5 runs on Win 10.  Just got a new laptop and I may give it a go just for old time's sake.   

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account