• Songs
  • I'm Not the Bad Guy - New original song (p.4)
2017/02/21 15:32:45
daryl1968
Hey Daryl,
Really nice job. It sounds great on my speakers. So open, super good lows to highs. The arrangement works so well. It is minimal but not lacking at all. I like the ambiance on the vocals.
Rimshot

Thanks Jimmy
2017/02/22 05:45:03
Makke
Pleasant song with nice groove ... well done record and  mix/master  ...  sounds good
2017/02/22 09:18:20
Frugaard
This is great! What a special mood in the song! This reminds me of an other band, but I can`t put my finger on what band right now... All I know is I really like it! Great job!

-Øyvind
2017/02/22 16:02:28
daryl1968
emeraldsoul
Friggin' stellar.

Such a talented mixer, and songwriter.

I think I noticed your vocal has a high octave harmony AND a lower octave harmony? Can I really be hearing that? Super cool vocal presentation, and the chords are original and inventive.

So what's not to like?

cheers,
-Tom

Thanks a lot Tom. The high octave is attained with a pair of pliers down my trousers and the low by staying up very late and recording at 6.30 am.
;)
2017/02/23 09:25:05
synkrotron
Another cool original song from the Greenway Studio
2017/02/23 16:13:17
daryl1968
eph221
That octave thing was popularized by Chris Difford and Glen Tillbrook.  In fact Daryl could easily pass as Squeeze.  

They learned everything they know from me ;)
2017/02/23 17:55:40
Larry Jones
Cool song, and another cool production. You've got a unique artistic voice, and you do it very well. Your stuff is so reliably well-done and listenable that I never know what to say when I hear a new one. You don't need advice, that's for sure, so I'll just say well done, as usual!
2017/02/23 19:00:49
MarkusClinus
Dang Daryl - this is one cool song - so well-written and produced. The instruments are all so - what's the word, full is what comes to mind. This is a killer tune - really love this one.
2017/02/23 20:14:41
daryl1968
bapu
I squeeze Daryk whenever I can.

Well, that is, whenever he lets me.

Anytime mate.
2017/02/24 15:35:58
daryl1968
Vilovilo
Hi Daryl,
Even if I english is not my native language,I really appreciate your lyrics and I am thankfull you take time to type.. It is much easier for "guys like me " ( makes me think about Aimee Mann sorry sorry..nothing to do with the job at hand)
You are a poet and you are an author.
The song is really easy to listen to and your voice makes perfectly the job.
Because I am french I must say something which drives backwards... And it is that according to me ,the music is
just a little too much in front of the vocal in the chorus ( which actually to my ears sounds like a pre chorus introducing the nice small instrumental bridge).
Good job ,thanks for sharing.
All the best.
Olivier

Merci beaucoup Olivier
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account