• 'Dream of The Singing Monkey' (p.3)
2017/03/28 07:34:35
jamesg1213
Jesse Screed
Foreboding strife

Until bout 20sec

The bass kills

That old time synth sound is cool

those backing vox?  Who is your choir?  My lord who?

At three minutes the light shines, the subdued solo, man! Are you using a slide?

And then at 4 minutes you kick MFA

sometimes
in the world today
the butter and jelly
comes into play
with the deftness of a clown
intentionally

(a real clown, not a politician
harmonic convergence
left hand motocross)

makes you think

nice work homes

Jesse Q. Screed

What a great review Jesse, thank you. Yep, used a metal slide in there. So glad you liked that little outro. The choir is Daryl1968 and his good lady.
2017/03/28 07:35:10
jamesg1213
MarkusClinus
Wow James - that is nice - so creative - and all of the playing is just fantastic. I really love this one.

Thanks very much Mark, I'll be checking your new one out this evening, looking forward to that.
2017/03/28 22:30:50
stevec
OK, that was too cool...    "Dream" vibe?  Yup, check. 

A little Floyd-ish for sure, but different enough to be its own thing.  The "choir" sounds perfectly blended.  The slide part was really nice, and the guitars just all around sound great.  I enjoyed those little lines starting at around 3:50.   
2017/03/29 07:38:56
jamesg1213
stevec
OK, that was too cool...    "Dream" vibe?  Yup, check. 

A little Floyd-ish for sure, but different enough to be its own thing.  The "choir" sounds perfectly blended.  The slide part was really nice, and the guitars just all around sound great.  I enjoyed those little lines starting at around 3:50.   

Thank you Steve! Glad you liked that little 3 guitar 'conversation' at the end.
2017/03/29 13:08:20
Glyn Barnes
Another great track, I like the guitar tone and the backing vocals give it a nice lift compared to using samples.
2017/03/29 14:09:47
jamesg1213
Glyn Barnes
Another great track, I like the guitar tone and the backing vocals give it a nice lift compared to using samples.

Thanks a lot Glyn!
2017/03/29 15:00:52
cwestmont
Outstanding.  I love this style of music anyway, but this is perfectly done.  Floyd-ish, as has been pointed out, but without the negative energy I get from a lot of Floyd music.  Gentle warmth instead of cold despair, if you know what I mean.  

Anyhow, on my second listen now.  Thanks for sharing!
2017/03/29 15:07:16
jamesg1213
cwestmont
Outstanding.  I love this style of music anyway, but this is perfectly done.  Floyd-ish, as has been pointed out, but without the negative energy I get from a lot of Floyd music.  Gentle warmth instead of cold despair, if you know what I mean.  

Anyhow, on my second listen now.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot CW, that's a nice comment.

2017/03/29 15:50:49
Lynn
That was a nice way to start the day.  A perfect blend of tones and textures over a flowing arrangement.
2017/03/29 18:21:35
jamesg1213
Lynn
That was a nice way to start the day.  A perfect blend of tones and textures over a flowing arrangement.

Thanks Lynn!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account