• Songs
  • 'Dream of The Singing Monkey' (p.5)
2017/04/05 11:38:11
Voda La Void
Very nice, easy on the ears and fits a morning coffee mood.  I listened to it yesterday, but just wasn't in the mood for it. Now, this morning it works real well.  Always love instrumentals and this is a sweet ambient piece.  

emeraldsoul
Yep, the old Db.  (a.k.a. C sharp) Next root is a lovely "B". Suhweet progression!
I love you all and respect you all, so for the love of God slap a tuner on that Db, and tell me what it says. And above all, please tell me if I'm the crazy one so I can go all Van Gogh up in here.

Please, either I'm done for, or friends don't let friends play flat D flats.  :)

If you put a tuner on it, and it's good, then I will join the Flat Earth Society, Geriatrics Division.

-Tom

p.s. again, lovely tune!

I listened to the spots you pointed out, and now I'm kind of hearing what you're talking about.  It does sound a bit "off"...not sure.  But oddly enough, it sounds a bit sharp to me, not flat.  Like it's trying to be a Db, but it's bent a little and ending up a little more of a D.  But, bass does this to me all the effin time.  I can't tell you how many times I've stopped in the middle of tracking to double check my bass tuning only to find no issue at all - just my ears.  

You've got me questioning my reality man....
2017/04/05 18:14:31
jamesg1213
emeraldsoul
Yep, the old Db.  (a.k.a. C sharp) Next root is a lovely "B". Suhweet progression!
I love you all and respect you all, so for the love of God slap a tuner on that Db, and tell me what it says. And above all, please tell me if I'm the crazy one so I can go all Van Gogh up in here.

Please, either I'm done for, or friends don't let friends play flat D flats.  :)

If you put a tuner on it, and it's good, then I will join the Flat Earth Society, Geriatrics Division.

-Tom

p.s. again, lovely tune!

You have better ears than me or my bass accomplice Tom  Dead right, the 'Db' was a 'C'. Have tweaked it and uploaded a new file.
2017/04/05 18:15:34
jamesg1213
Voda La Void
Very nice, easy on the ears and fits a morning coffee mood.  I listened to it yesterday, but just wasn't in the mood for it. Now, this morning it works real well.  Always love instrumentals and this is a sweet ambient piece.  

emeraldsoul

-Tom

p.s. again, lovely tune!

I listened to the spots you pointed out, and now I'm kind of hearing what you're talking about.  It does sound a bit "off"...not sure.  But oddly enough, it sounds a bit sharp to me, not flat.  Like it's trying to be a Db, but it's bent a little and ending up a little more of a D.  But, bass does this to me all the effin time.  I can't tell you how many times I've stopped in the middle of tracking to double check my bass tuning only to find no issue at all - just my ears.  

You've got me questioning my reality man....

Thanks for coming back to the tune Tim! See reply above about the bass.
2017/04/05 18:25:10
bapu
2017/04/05 18:28:59
bapu
I'm not sure why I did that C instead of a Db.

2017/04/05 18:33:32
bapu
I was thinking maybe because I was using my 5-String (which I rarely use) and maybe I was confused about fret position? I dunno.

2017/04/05 18:35:52
bapu

2017/04/05 18:46:52
emeraldsoul
Kudos for the recheck and glad it worked out! If it was me, I would have been tempted to claim it was a "polynesian atonal microtuning" avant-garde art scale thing, or a Kellyanne-esque "alternative fact tuning", or simply disclaimed it pre-emptively with an "anti-pitch correction" admonition.

You took the good, high road. Again, nice tune, dudes.

-Tom
2017/04/05 19:16:01
jamesg1213
emeraldsoul
Kudos for the recheck and glad it worked out! If it was me, I would have been tempted to claim it was a "polynesian atonal microtuning" avant-garde art scale thing, or a Kellyanne-esque "alternative fact tuning", or simply disclaimed it pre-emptively with an "anti-pitch correction" admonition.

You took the good, high road. Again, nice tune, dudes.

-Tom

Thanks again Tom
2017/04/05 19:36:02
batsbrew
great melodic bass line in this one....
and i dig the guitar tones for sure.

maybe the arpeggiated rhythm part is a bit too loud,
because of it's dominant high mid tone...
sounds great tho.

i like the slightly fuzzy tone on the wah guitar....

the addition of the backup vox is just fine.
verynice.
verynice.

damn you gave me an idea for a tune of my own,
i'm gonna knick something out of this!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account