2018/02/02 07:12:22
TWG
Hi Cakewalk community :-)

I'm searching for a Roland Cakewalk VS-700r. Now I have an offer but the seller says it is without the synthesizer.
Is that possible? I thought it's fixed hardware inside the VS-700r interface.

Thank you for your help.

2018/02/02 07:35:04
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
The hardware fantom synth is inside, so if the vs700r has not been tempered with, it'll be there ...

... but it uses a 32bit plugin and some 64bit DAW without bit bridging may not see it
2018/02/02 08:13:08
TWG
Thank you for your very fast answer! 

Do you know if the Fantom synth is something like a hardware pcb (e.g. like the ARX expansion boards) or is it "just" a dedicated DSP function?
By "tempered with" you mean manipulated or removed?  English is not my mother tongue, sorry. ;-)

The 32bit / 64bit hint could be the solution - hopefully the only one. 
2018/02/07 08:08:39
HeatherHaze
The Fantom VS plug-in will not work with natively in a 64-bit DAW, like Studio One...BUT...there is a workaround that works brilliantly.  There's an application called JBridge written by a programmer across the pond.  It wraps 32-bit VST plug-ins into 64-bit shells so they can run in 64-bit DAWs.  I just tried it with the Fantom VS inside Studio One and voila!  It works!  

The Fantom VS is a great synth, especially with the plug-in.  It is integrated into the VS-700R so I highly doubt it's been removed.  It is part of the hardware, not a removable card, so there would be no easy way to remove it (if it's even possible).  If they're offering a good price, it's probably worthwhile.  They may simply not know how to access it, which wouldn't surprise me at all.  

Here's a link to JBridge:
https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

2018/02/08 01:00:54
dmacfadgen@quarterback.ca
There are cards though, I have 2 v700r’s... and 3 cards that seat inside the box... I have prcussion, woodwinds and keyboards. Haven’t played with them much... but the synth itself, integral to the v700r... wish I had windows 10 drivers for all this hear.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account