2015/08/25 20:41:32
anxiousmofo
My number one feature request is to beef up Matrix view and allow us to record into it, making it share some of the functionality of Live's session view or Bitwig. I would love to have a one DAW solution and this is what holds me back from realizing that goal. It would also be great to have a related controller app for a touchscreen tablet. Please and thank you.
2015/08/25 23:46:06
AT
+1
2015/08/29 23:53:09
Notecrusher
Matrix view needs a LOT of attention. It's extremely disappointing that after years of many Sonar users lobbying for the feature it was released in such a half-baked state, and subsequently it has been ignored. It first appeared in Sonar 7 I believe? Think how advanced Matrix could be now if it had gotten ongoing attention. 

A few years ago I submitted a comprehensive FR to Cake for the Matrix including recording of course. Not a single item on the list has been implemented. Not even simple stuff like keyboard navigation. 

I voted and I hope everyone does but I'm not at all optimistic.
2015/08/29 23:57:39
mettelus
+1 Matrix View could do a lot of neat things if given a proper overhaul.
2015/08/30 01:00:20
AT
The powers at Cake said they were working on some kind of the matrix or pad type performance app a lá their iPad app.  That was last year, and if not promised they are obviously working it.  What and when to be determined. But keep your fingers crossed. 
2015/08/30 01:44:39
FZ1
+1.
I still find the Project 5 matrix and editor workflow to still be far superior for working with synths. Cakewalks development has focused so heavily on audio features over everything else.
2015/08/30 01:45:10
FZ1
+1.
I still find the Project 5 matrix and editor workflow to still be far superior for working with synths. Cakewalks development has focused so heavily on audio features over everything else.
2015/08/30 02:11:42
Notecrusher
It needs to be decoupled from the TV. You can't even adjust volume or pan of a row w/o trundling over to the TV. Wouldn't it be cool if every cell had volume and pan sliders? I don't think even Live has that. 

Even though the Live Session view is 10 years old and extremely powerful, it has a lot of inherent limitations based on the fact that the devs were short-sighted in certain ways when it was designed. Cakewalk could have eaten Ableton's lunch. But the matrix has sat there gathering cobwebs while meanwhile a new product w/ a very powerful clip launcher (Bitwig) has gone from 0 to 60.
2015/11/01 15:56:36
JoseC.
Bumping up this one, a real no brainer.
2015/11/02 00:00:07
kennywtelejazz
Yes , I agree , this is a no brainer ….Please make it Happen .

Kenny
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account