• SONAR
  • Behringer X-Touch working in Sonar Platinum
2015/12/22 19:26:55
WallyG

After doing some research into the Behringer X-Touch and comparing it to Mackey Pro I decided to go with the X-Touch. I also shared some PMs with Matt Finley who gave me his advice.

It came in yesterday and after spending 4 hrs reading the very informative manual , okay it's 3 pages of sparse to none as far as installation information. That said, the installation was fairly quick and thanks to posts by Matt Finley, Azslow3, and Blackwave I was able to get it up and running fairly quickly. I've programmed the function keys for my personal workflow and almost all the buttons have useful functions.

I've modified my desk set by removing the small MIDI keyboard (shown in my avatar), put the X-Touch where my computer keybard was and put the keyboard on the top slide out shelve. Previously I used the VS100 as the control surface and used it , the computer keyboard, and the mouse to do editing in Sonar. Now almost everything (with a little help from the mouse) can be done with the X-Touch!

Bottom line is the X-Touch has far exceeded my expectations in functionality and expect that it will greatly speed up my workflow (okay, hobbyflow) .

Walt
2015/12/23 08:26:03
Mystic38
have been casually looking at this so thanks for taking the trouble to post..
2015/12/23 12:14:51
WallyG
Mystic38
have been casually looking at this so thanks for taking the trouble to post..

You're welcome! When I was looking at the controllers I was also looking for positive posts myself. BTW, the reason I didn't go with the Mackey Pro is essentially they both perform the same function, but the X-Touch is about 45% cheaper and more importantly the Pro has a much larger footprint such that it would not fit on my desk the way I wanted to set it up.

Walt
2015/12/23 12:25:22
FCCfirstclass
Wally, thanks for posting the info on the X touch.  I want to get one in the coming months, so it is very helpful to have an X touch working with Splat.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.
2015/12/23 12:29:57
bapu
Very cool Walt.

I downsized from a Tascam FW-1884 to the Presonus FaderPort. That's an even smaller footprint than the X-Touch.

The FaderPort works identical in all my DAW apps (SONAR, Reaper, Studio One 3 and MixBus3).

Yeah I have less buttons but for now they do what I want.

Maybe I will upgrade to an X-Touch one day.
2015/12/23 17:15:05
sven450
I've been eying this too.  Thx for the post.  If anything weird comes up, be sure to share!
2015/12/23 18:21:39
WallyG
sven450
I've been eying this too.  Thx for the post.  If anything weird comes up, be sure to share!

Will do! I want to use if for awhile, and then will post findings. i.e. some people on other forums have complained that the master fader doesn't function. Easily fixed in the Sonar Menu.
Walt

2015/12/23 20:09:59
mixmkr
Wow...thx for posting.  Time to put the analog mixer in the attic or Craig's List.
2015/12/23 21:05:38
WallyG
mixmkr
Wow...thx for posting.  Time to put the analog mixer in the attic or Craig's List.

I feel like a traitor to my cause. I earned a living as an Analog Integrated Circuit Designer. I'm showing my age but my first design was a mixer for my weekend band (before they had mixers!) using 12AX7 "fire bottles" (vacuum tubes).

But alas I'm retired and I can go down the Digital Road....

Walt

2016/01/21 06:33:15
gadeuvall2000
I plan to get one of these for use with Sonar X3.  I don't have Platnum.  Recently, I just lost my eyesight, and I've been working with azslow3 to help me with a solution.  Told me the X-Touch would be a nice addition and could be worked with, so I'm hoping it'd be worth it.    I just don't havew the funds to get the Mackie.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account