• SONAR
  • (Solved) Sonar very slow scanning Waves Plugins After Waves Central Update
2018/06/13 18:46:27
Audioicon

This issue may or may not be Sonar related and I do plan to contact Waves but need to know if anyone is experiencing this issue.
Few days ago I opened Waves Central to add new Plugins and was informed Waves Central required an update and will not allow me to continue without getting the update.

Reluctantly and given I had no choice, I ran the update. Now Sonar takes bout 5 minutes to scan Waves.

Have you experience this?

Thank you in advance!

AI
2018/06/13 18:50:30
LJB
I believe it's a Waves issue - we should all report it. Same here.
2018/06/13 19:12:48
Audioicon
LJB
I believe it's a Waves issue - we should all report it. Same here.

Thanks my friend:

Yeah, I am going to give them a call and will post back, don't mean to dump Waves issues here but it's annoying that I am forced to update what I don't need, and something that's already working. Now it is killing my productivity.

Life goes on. :)
2018/06/13 19:52:20
msmcleod
I've only just started using Waves plugins (over the last couple of months).

As well as the slow VST scan (and the fact it tries to rescan it EVERY time), I'm pretty sure the Waves plugins are responsible for the slower loading of CbB projects, as it seems to coincide with when I got my first Waves plugin.

I've not really noticed a slowdown between the new v10 and v9 though. The VST Scanner slowed down with v9 installed, and is no slower now with v10.

2018/06/13 20:53:29
I just fired up SONAR Platinum to check (the latest and final release) I very rarely run it, and never bothered with CbB, and it does scans slowly, it always did to be honest compared to my other DAW's, although there are no issues with Studio One 3/4 Pro or REAPER after updating Waves, they just scream through as usual.
2018/06/13 22:09:18
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
We are following the VST3 spec for the logic for scanning. Waves plugins can dynamically update based on your license.

Technically if the DLL exposes itself with the "kClassesDiscardable" property every time the scanner runs we MUST enumerate all plugins in the package. Its possible that other hosts are not respecting this.
See the comments taken verbatim from the SDK below.

kClassesDiscardable = 1 << 0, ///< The number of exported classes can change each time the Module is loaded. If this flag is set, the host does not cache class information. This leads to a longer startup time because the host always has to load the Module to get the current class information.

If you want to speed up CbB startup with Waves plugin's, turn off automatic scan and do the scan manually once in awhile.
2018/06/14 00:53:54
Phoen1xPJ
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]

If you want to speed up CbB startup with Waves plugin's, turn off automatic scan and do the scan manually once in awhile.

I've been doing that for years even b4 SPlat. I only manually scan if I add new plugs... like v 10 Waves. 
2018/06/14 01:08:32
Brian Walton
Scan is taking forever after the 10 update.

Plugins still on V9 are no longer even there.  Contacted Waves we shall see.

I've had more problems with their installers/upgrades than any other software I've had, I think.  Like the sound and function of a number of them when they are working though.

Thanks for the tip of changing the scan, just changed my default.  
2018/06/14 01:25:38
Jesse G
My first scan of Sonar (Not CBB) after I installed Waves 10 the scan took about 1.5 minutes.
The second time I opened Sonar (not CBB) it scanned in 5 seconds.

2018/06/14 01:44:19
Johnbee58
The first couple of Waves plugins I bought I had issues with the install of both the WC update and the plugin install.  You might want to try temporarily disabling your antivirus/security software for the install/scan.  That helped me quite a bit.

John B
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account