• SONAR
  • (Solved) Sonar very slow scanning Waves Plugins After Waves Central Update (p.2)
2018/06/14 10:12:27
Glyn Barnes
Both S.Plat and Cakewalk by Bandlab had scan issues here after updating to Waves 10. It took a few attempts but it all scanned in the end and everything is fine now
2018/06/14 13:49:01
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Yes whenever the count of Waves plugins changes or a new Waves plugin DLL is installed, on first run afterwards Cakewalk will do a full scan of the Waves package. That could take some time depending on how many plugins you own. However after that scan finishes successfully it should be fast on subsequent runs since it will no longer need to do that. This is normal behavior.
2018/06/14 17:36:24
newdreamstudio
FWIW, No problems here.
I have many many plugins (but only 4-5 Waves plugins).
A couple of days ago I updated Waves Central and then updated my plugins to V10...
Ran a VST scan yesterday, it took about 5 seconds....
Rusty
2018/06/15 14:28:28
Audioicon
We are following the VST3 spec for the logic for scanning. Waves plugins can dynamically update based on your license.

Technically if the DLL exposes itself with the "kClassesDiscardable" property every time the scanner runs we MUST enumerate all plugins in the package. Its possible that other hosts are not respecting this.
See the comments taken verbatim from the SDK below.

kClassesDiscardable = 1 << 0, ///< The number of exported classes can change each time the Module is loaded. If this flag is set, the host does not cache class information. This leads to a longer startup time because the host always has to load the Module to get the current class information.

If you want to speed up CbB startup with Waves plugin's, turn off automatic scan and do the scan manually once in awhile.

Thank you for the contribution:

I was able to resolved this problem by uninstalling Waves Central and also all Waves plugins and also deleting the waves folder (Optional).

Then I re-installed Waves Central and all Plugins for Waves. Everything works as before.

So here is why this problem happened.
According to Waves, all of Version 9 Plug-ins are not compatible with Waves V10.
I starting experiencing issues after I attempted to install additional plugins after updating Waves Central. Because all of my current Waves Plug-ins are version 9, they require updating.

In a nutshell and according to waves. If you currently have Waves Plugin and you need to install and activate additional plugins that are version 10, the best solution is to uninstall and reinstall after updating Waves Central.

The above process may have previously corrupted some files causing the scan to take longer.

2018/06/16 01:09:38
Jesse G

2018/06/16 01:11:25
Jesse G
Jesse G
My first scan of Sonar (Not CBB) after I installed Waves 10 the scan took about 1.5 minutes.
The second time I opened Sonar (not CBB) it scanned in 5 seconds.

Correction that was after I closed Sonar and immediately reopened it.
The Next day it took 11. 2 seconds to scan all of my plug-ins.

2018/11/12 22:40:20
kevinwhitect
Audioicon
We are following the VST3 spec for the logic for scanning. Waves plugins can dynamically update based on your license.

Technically if the DLL exposes itself with the "kClassesDiscardable" property every time the scanner runs we MUST enumerate all plugins in the package. Its possible that other hosts are not respecting this.
See the comments taken verbatim from the SDK below.

kClassesDiscardable = 1 << 0, ///< The number of exported classes can change each time the Module is loaded. If this flag is set, the host does not cache class information. This leads to a longer startup time because the host always has to load the Module to get the current class information.

If you want to speed up CbB startup with Waves plugin's, turn off automatic scan and do the scan manually once in awhile.

Thank you for the contribution:

I was able to resolved this problem by uninstalling Waves Central and also all Waves plugins and also deleting the waves folder (Optional).

Then I re-installed Waves Central and all Plugins for Waves. Everything works as before.

So here is why this problem happened.
According to Waves, all of Version 9 Plug-ins are not compatible with Waves V10.
I starting experiencing issues after I attempted to install additional plugins after updating Waves Central. Because all of my current Waves Plug-ins are version 9, they require updating.

In a nutshell and according to waves. If you currently have Waves Plugin and you need to install and activate additional plugins that are version 10, the best solution is to uninstall and reinstall after updating Waves Central.

The above process may have previously corrupted some files causing the scan to take longer.

... Hi ... my name is Kev, and I, too, have this issue.

I did EVERYTHING suggested here (I have a bunch of V.9 and 2 V.10 -- hence the need to do anything), and each and every load of every project ... the SECOND a Waves plug is encountered, takes forever (okay, about 2 minutes) to load.

It works (after figuring out how to force it to do so), but it doesn't work smoothly or (more precisely) quickly on each and every load of every project where Waves plugs are employed. 

Any updates on solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Kev-

2018/11/13 03:03:16
bitflipper
Sounds like you're describing a different symptom than what this thread was initially about (long scans). If I'm reading you right, your delays occur just by loading a project, even with automatic scans turned off. Is that right? Are you seeing a long pause while displaying the "W" spinning icon? If so, that's just Waves making double- and triple-sure you're not a plugin thief.

My own solution was similar to Audioicon's two-step procedure:

1. ...uninstalling Waves Central and also all Waves plugins and also deleting the waves folder (Optional).

2. ...re-installed Waves Central and all Plugins for Waves.

Except that in my case I skipped step two.
2018/11/13 18:08:50
kevinwhitect
bitflipper
Sounds like you're describing a different symptom than what this thread was initially about (long scans). If I'm reading you right, your delays occur just by loading a project, even with automatic scans turned off. Is that right? Are you seeing a long pause while displaying the "W" spinning icon? If so, that's just Waves making double- and triple-sure you're not a plugin thief.

My own solution was similar to Audioicon's two-step procedure:

1. ...uninstalling Waves Central and also all Waves plugins and also deleting the waves folder (Optional).

2. ...re-installed Waves Central and all Plugins for Waves.

Except that in my case I skipped step two.

Ha ha -- well, that solves it! :D

Yes. I'm on manual scan -- and just loading the plugs causes undue delay -- in ANY project they're present in. Eventually, they load, but it's a 2-3 minute, "Okay, what should I do while I wait ..." event. 

If I load an empty project -- BOOM -- 2 second load.

This wasn't happening until I bought a couple V-10 plugs. The 9s -- which I had to uninstall and reload (I did #1 and 2 above also), worked fine ... when there were no 10s.

Now it's a "hurry up and wait" load time.

Grrrr ... why do new products have to break things?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account