• SONAR
  • Is there a way to make Sonar playback with no recorded audio or midi tracks??
2018/11/12 20:23:15
yorolpal
Sometimes I just want to try ideas out on my piano track with just the click...but if I don't have any tracks already recorded in the project Sonar will only play the first beat and then stop.  Is there a way to have Sonar playback with click with no tracks recorded in a project??
2018/11/12 20:28:00
scook
2018/11/12 22:35:21
yorolpal
Thankee kindly!!
2018/11/13 02:47:43
bitflipper
I use the step sequencer for that (driving an instance of TTS-1). Better than the metronome, especially if you're working in something other than 4/4. Whenever I come up with a nice sequence for jamming or working up progressions, I save it as a step sequencer preset for future re-use. Years ago I'd have used a drum machine for that, but the step sequencer is way easier to program than a drum machine. 

No need to un-check the stop-at-end option; either play the sequence as a loop or stretch out the clip to the desired length of your song. 

But yes, you will need to create a MIDI track for this to work. But you don't need to put anything in it.

2018/11/13 05:09:10
scook
If one really wants to preserve the Track View Options, creating a loop on the timeline is enough to to allow the transport to play without anything in the tracks.
2018/11/13 15:32:31
DeeringAmps
I learn something everyday!
Thanks Dave and Steve.

T
2018/11/13 20:06:54
bitflipper
scook
If one really wants to preserve the Track View Options, creating a loop on the timeline is enough to to allow the transport to play without anything in the tracks.

That tip was new to me, too!

I use the loop feature so seldom that the only time I remember it's even there is when I enable it accidentally.
2018/11/13 20:54:45
Cactus Music
Long time ago I dumped all the beats from my old Roland 505 into midi. I have each one in a basic template ( and CWP ) file so when I'm writing a song I can load one of these. They run about 200 Measures.  Most have the Kick, Snare and HI Hat in their own tracks so easy to just use parts like the Hi Hat to jam along to. I just can't get anywhere with a metronome.  
2018/11/13 21:05:07
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
yorolpal
Sometimes I just want to try ideas out on my piano track with just the click...but if I don't have any tracks already recorded in the project Sonar will only play the first beat and then stop.  Is there a way to have Sonar playback with click with no tracks recorded in a project??

Working hard on your cover of 4' 33"? :-P
2018/11/13 21:15:01
fitzj
I hate the metronome.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account