2016/01/13 11:55:03
wetdentist
i was hoping that P5-like arrangement would have been part of the new announcement for 2016
2016/01/13 14:39:16
stevec
wetdentist
i was hoping that P5-like arrangement would have been part of the new announcement for 2016

That's one of things that really impressed me about that list of upcoming features - it states "Coming in Spring 2016".   So if it's remotely accurate there's still a big chunk of 2016 to go. 
2016/01/13 14:55:24
Stu_Art66
Also adding my support for a song arrange feature, that can cope with all tracks (midi/audio + automation), maybe using the marker points and a simple way to say how many times repeated. Then ability to mix down/export the result back to a linear version.

I still miss the ease of work flow I had from ye olde days of using Notator,(I know, but I am a grand-dad!), quickly changing where verses, choruses, etc went and how many repeats, when working with collaborators. I've grown to love Sonar and the great features and updates, but this area is still knocks my work flow as it still takes in a fair time with the cutting, copy 'n' paste; and although the Matrix looked to have potential, it takes a time too.

So, to have such a feature would be a gift to my work flow and I'm sure to many others.
Maybe summer potential?

Best, S

p.s. having just seen the Cubase arranger track, a version of that would be perfect....for me ;)

2016/01/14 08:35:27
dcumpian
+1 on an arranger Track. I don't need to move anything around, just have Sonar play it back in the order I tell it to.

Dan

2016/01/14 09:12:25
papacucku
Wow this thread is great but getting a little scattered.  I wanted to comment on the take lane envelope comment way above.  I came across this yesterday for the first time.  I wanted to remove  a gain envelope to a section of audio that was moved from another take lane which had gain envelope and found that the envelope follows the  (split clip) .  so I have to remember not to add envelopes until after I split and add take lanes if I do that for whatever reason.  

Not a big deal but I was surprised I could not select and delete the envelope.  

It would be awesome if we could easily post videos of us trying to do something, then expert users could post videos of how they do it, a lot of these feature requests are probably just not knowing some technique.  Then we could help the bakers by saying see how hard this was, make it easier......etc.
2016/01/14 09:35:04
BobF
Snehankur
Can it be done in a different manner?

Instead of GUI, a simple window with a 2-column structure [Marker Name, No of times]
In the main track view we can put as many markers we need and then we can call up the windows which initially will have the table of list of markers and default number of times=1.
We can then rearrange the sequence dragging each marker and if required we can change the number of times.  Also Control+drag-drop will copy a marker.

Play back from within this window will be according to this sequence.

We can save sequences and recall.

I am not sure.
Regards.

Does anybody else here have a Zoom R24?

If the R24's sequencer track concept was implemented in Sonar it would an awesome way to achieve this kind of function.
2016/01/22 21:43:48
kb420
I know by now that most of you have seen this in Studio One Version 3.  I really think that something like this in Sonar would be great.  I really love Sonar Platinum,  and Cakewalk's dedication to adding new features and fixing bugs.  I just thought maybe something like the Arranger Track would really be a great addition.
2016/01/22 22:22:34
kb420
I didn't realize that there was already a thread about this.  
2016/04/17 18:03:50
ricoskyl
I apologize if this would be unworkable, but what about a "save selection as part" feature?  

Here's how it might work: Save portions of the song as parts, name them (e.g. Chorus, Verse, Bridge) and make them available in the library, browser or a "song playlist."  Similar to the idea that Snehankur suggested.  

From this view, you could drag multiple verses into the songlist, rearrange items in the list (move up/down by dragging) and so on.  Unlike S3. this approach would treat the major parts as single objects so you wouldn't have the flexibility to edit individual tracks unless you were ready to save another song part, but it would be a quick and easy (?) way to handle arrangements for preview.

Seems pretty doable with today's SONAR, but I have no idea what might be under the covers.

Rick
2016/04/18 01:42:23
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
ricoskyl
I apologize if this would be unworkable, but what about a "save selection as part" feature?  

Here's how it might work: Save portions of the song as parts, name them (e.g. Chorus, Verse, Bridge) and make them available in the library, browser or a "song playlist."  Similar to the idea that Snehankur suggested.  

Thanks for the idea, but I don't think that's a workable solution as it more or less assumes that you already know your chorus, verse, etc upfront ... and save/load gets way too messy with several revisions of the song

I'm probably the only here who has never seen Studio One, but Sonar I think would need to get a list of song sections (assigned graphically, intuitively, easily) so that it knows reference points of each section (start, end) so that it can jump to in playback and recording ... in terms programming it's all just a matter of a few reference pointers and buffering ;-) <<ohh I'm going to get hit for oversimplifying here>>  and then do seamless playback using proper x-fades etc (of course all working with tempo variations and odd meters and so on) ...  once you are happy with the "dynamic" arrangement where songs section float about arbitrarily, click a button to rearrange your song into what we currently have i.e. a linear structure from start to finish
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account