2015/05/20 15:30:12
lfm
So StudioOne v3 now got Arranger tracks too.
2015/05/20 18:06:09
VariousArtist
+1 to an Arranger track.  

It would be so much simpler to select a section from the arranger and have everything in it move together, rather than having to group clips or try to deftly select them all.
2015/05/20 19:26:28
bluzdog
I love this request.
Though nowhere near as intuitive for a workaround you can pack everything into a folder, split all of the clips together in the envelope header for different parts and drag things around as though they are one entity. I hope this makes sense, if not check out Eli's Fun with envelopes in the Sonar X1 Tips & Tricks video at Groove 3.

Rocky
2015/05/22 09:13:00
mudgel
Studio One 3 has what they call a scratch pad and you can copy or move any section (arranger track) to create a different project, have a place to muck around etc. all the data in the scratch remains live as per the project with all plugins still active. You can stack scratch pads in effect giving you multiple versions of the song that are right there and can be played. Moving between the scratchpad and the project are seem less. It is much deeper than our Mix recal which I love but this Scratch pad and arranger track is awesome.

That alone is enough reason to be spending more time in Studio One.
2015/05/22 09:38:31
lfm
Personally I like using the thumbnail part more, once ranges are defined.
You just copy and drag those parts in order.
No reason to navigate through the timeline at all and take things to/from scratchpad.

I find Cubase implementation better and more flexible, also generating projects as such from stored presets of different arrangements.

S1 scratchpad is obsolete, as I see it. You just drag a thumbnail and place it last until you know what you want with it, and playback looping set before that. Not needed, really.

What I did not see from S1 launch broadcast was how they treat splitting of clips(or events in S1). Everything looked cool as presented, but there were only strict sections with nothing that complicates things.

I have songs where drums have a few hits intro on toms before that bar where kick and there rest comes in. This means time ranges cannot cut strictly on a spot, but have rules how clips are handled on either side - to split, keep from left, keep from right - and such rules.

And for Cubase, it's enough running Elements to get arranger tracks.
In S1 you need Pro version - and they ditched Producer and I would have to pay twice what I payed for Producer just to get upgrade to Pro. And Presonus have two levels of entry versions that don't even have VST support as standard - only Pro version does - what is that about?
I ditched S1 long ago anyway for how they treat midi for external instruments - just kept as reference for support with Waves.

Would be very exited if Cakewalk suddenly had Arranger on "next" list...
2015/05/22 11:16:51
bluzdog
IMHO.....This trumps all previous requests and feature updates to SPlat.

Rocky
2015/05/23 04:38:53
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
bluzdog
IMHO.....This trumps all previous requests and feature updates to SPlat.

most definitely. this combined with mix recall would make the world a better place :-)

we should take turns to bump this thread every 12 hrs ;-)
2015/05/24 11:30:30
stevec
OK.. voted.  

It's really not the most important thing for me on the feature list, but I imagine I'd probably use it if available...
2015/05/25 18:32:50
Anderton
sharke
The current way of moving huge chunks of a project around by lassoing and dragging them, or by inserting or deleting time, are fraught with problems, finicky and inconvenient. Being able to define song parts or "scenes" and order them on an arranger track would be so useful and make mapping out songs so much easier.

Meanwhile, I use Clip Groups a lot. It's a habit I got into with Sony Vegas as a way to move video+audio events around, so I was glad when it was added to SONAR. 
2015/05/26 02:54:31
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
it looks like 2 threads got merged here ... which makes it confusing to follow and I just wondered why I voted for this when I read the first post again .... well, I voted for "Arranger tracks ala Cubase and StudioOne v3", which is now post #5 ...

anyway, clip groups are ok, the workaround using a dummy MIDI track for song sections is also nice, but nothing would beat a real arranger tracks that allows you to reshuffle your song structure quickly and also allow to A/B compare different arrangement ...

when recording/producing music that other people wrote, it's often not that easy to convince them that it might be better to put the chorus earlier and bring the not-so great bridge only once ... even with a dummy MIDI track for song sections it takes you several minutes to properly set that up but you still cannot compare A/B quickly unless you export 2 projects and play in WMP or another project which takes more precious time ... another 50ct to support this apparently very popular feature request

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account